Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Siege Engines and Camps

Bob
Here are the recipes and influence costs for the Siege Engines and Camps:

Professional's Siege Engine Kit, Engineer 8
Oak Post: 5, Blended Iron Ingot: 13, Cotton Rope: 11, Holder's Patent: 4
100 Influence for +0, 50 Influence for each upgrade

Master's Siege Engine Kit, Engineer 15
Ghostwood Post: 5, Sky Iron Ingot: 13, Silk Rope: 11, Holder's Patent: 20
200 Influence for +0, 100 Influence for each upgrade

Professional's Siege Camp Kit, Engineer 9
Aromatic Firewood: 3, Silvered Steel Blanks: 25, Cotton Sheet: 3, Advanced Strips: 10
50 Influence for +0, 25 Influence for each upgrade

Master's Siege Camp Kit, Engineer 16
Infused Firewood: 3, Truesilver Blanks: 25, Silk Sheet: 3, Paramount Strips: 10
100 Influence for +0, 50 Influence for each upgrade
Bob
For Upkeep, the Siege Engines require some of every kind of bulk good each day. Here's the amounts for each type and upgrade

Professional's Siege Engine
+0: 2 per day
+1: 3 per day
+2: 4 per day
+3: 5 per day
+4: 6 per day
+5: 7 per day

Master's Siege Engine
+0: 10 per day
+1: 15 per day
+2: 20 per day
+3: 25 per day
+4: 30 per day
+5: 35 per day
Azure_Zero
Which one will be doing the Damage, the Engine, or the Camp?

Cause if it is the camp and can see the cheese that will happen like we currently have with holdings and outposts.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
For Upkeep, the Siege Engines require some of every kind of bulk good each day. Here's the amounts for each type and upgrade

Professional's Siege Engine
+0: 2 per day
+1: 3 per day
+2: 4 per day
+3: 5 per day
+4: 6 per day
+5: 7 per day

Master's Siege Engine
+0: 10 per day
+1: 15 per day
+2: 20 per day
+3: 25 per day
+4: 30 per day
+5: 35 per day
Even without knowing the other numbers(damage per window, etc.. ), this looks nice and expensive. Just how it should be. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
Azure_Zero

Cause if it is the camp and can see the cheese that will happen like we currently have with holdings and outposts.
At a reread, it look s to me like the engine does the damage. The camps you would build up as a 1st line of defense?
Engine=Holding
Camp=Outpost
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Azure_Zero

They'll basically work in concert. The hex will only do damage if it has an active holding and two active outposts, and the amount of damage will be based on the weakest of those three buildings. That means you really want to have all three buildings be from the same tier and upgrade, since any buildings stronger than the others aren't being fully utilized.

Still, there could be some situations where you might need to have mismatched buildings. For example, suppose you just barely managed to build one set of Master's Siege Engines and Camps at +0 and can't make any extras, but you can make some Professional's Siege Camps at +5. If the defending settlement manages to knock out one or both of the Master's Siege Camps, you can replace them with the Professional's Siege Camps at +5 and at least the hex will still do damage as though all the buildings were T1 +5.

Similarly, if you can't build a full set of Professional's +5, and you can't build a full set of Master's +0, then a mix will still do more damage than falling all the way back to Professional's +4 and might be worth ignoring the inefficiencies.
Daer
Bob,

SO am I reading this correctly. You will need to have removed all of the holdings and camps from around the town and then have at least 1 set of 3 Siege equipment in place to start damaging the settlement?
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I thought you had to have all six hexes with siege equipment first.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bob
You need to surround the settlement with active siege equipment to start the damage part of the process. That means 6 active Siege Engines and 12 active Siege Camps. It's just that the damage calculations are on a per-hex basis and once the damage process starts, you will continue to do damage from any hexes that still have all 3 buildings active even if the other hexes aren't doing damage because they lost an outpost or failed to provide upkeep to a holding. There will probably also be a damage bonus based on the number of hexes doing damage, so that the defenders get a little extra relief for taking out even one single outpost.
Smitty
Since this is an attack will we need to have people at these engines to do damage, or is this another job you are tasking to guards? – If Guards are the answer - Please explain why people need to be present to take holdings but do not have to be present to take a settlement…

In order to stop these things from doing damage, what must a defender do? Take over the outpost( camps) and then wait a day to take over a holding ( engine).. then wait another day or 2 in order to destroy them?

Then do this for all 6 core hexes in order to end a siege?

What does an attacker have to do then build them / move them and load up these things with enough resources?
When Will raiding become a thing, in regards to these engines as well as actual Holdings?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post