Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Siege Engines and Camps

Bob
The point about requiring Engineering rank 9 for the simplest Siege Camps is an interesting one. It does mean you'd need to at some point have been a member of a settlement to train to rank 9, which is certainly counter-intuitive. If we ultimately provide some other ways to get training and support, such as factions, then this may be less odd, but it's worth considering lowering the requirement. It's also a relatively easy change to make. I'll look into it.
Edam
Bob
I believe that crafting without settlement support will lower the amount of skill bonuses you get while crafting, so there is a disadvantage, but you don't forget your recipes.

Similarly, crafting in a settlement with lower support (such as an NPC settlement) still lets you craft any recipe you know, but the facility ratings are lower, so the crafting jobs will take longer.

In terms of crafting, I am pretty certain settlement membership/level only effects queue time and nothing else.
Bob
Edam
Bob
I believe that crafting without settlement support will lower the amount of skill bonuses you get while crafting, so there is a disadvantage, but you don't forget your recipes.

Similarly, crafting in a settlement with lower support (such as an NPC settlement) still lets you craft any recipe you know, but the facility ratings are lower, so the crafting jobs will take longer.

In terms of crafting, I am pretty certain settlement membership/level only effects queue time and nothing else.

I just tried a quick experiment on Zog. Gave a character that wasn't a company/settlement member Engineer rank 20. Sure enough, on the Character Sheet I only had a skill level of 80 (corresponding to the minimum 8 support level) instead of 200 (which I'd have as a supported settlement member).

When refining, a higher skill level increases the odds of getting an extra +1 or +2 on the resulting refined goods. When crafting, a higher skill level means that you can get a higher plus on your final result with lower pluses on your ingredients (i.e. instead of needing all +3 ingredients to get a +3 final product, you might need half +2 and half +3).

So lacking support again won't block you from crafting items from various levels, but it will make you less efficient.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post