Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Old Goblinary Thread Look at Tools forum for new one!

Duffy Swiftshadow
New thread can be found here.
Duffy Swiftshadow
The site is back and usable, couple notes:

• The original DB was lost, therefore none of the logins or saved character data was recovered. Additionally the login/character DB has not yet been restored those features will be returning soon, watch this thread of an update.
  • If you get the error page after a few minutes of inactivity you can go back to goblinary.com to refresh page. I'm working on removing the automatic connection closure from lack of activity.

If you experience any issues not listed above you can send an email to support@goblinary.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
And the app pool crashed, well it was up for a bit.
Grimmel
While it was up I felt I was getting better performance than with the previous setup.
BlackMoria
Still down?
Duffy Swiftshadow
Haven't been able to solve the app pool problem yet, once it's fixed it should be back up and usable. I should have plenty of time to work on it tonight.
Gagnrath
Its BACK!!!

Thanks Duffy!!!! smile
Duffy Swiftshadow
They apparently finally got to my support ticket. No guarantees it will stay up as it's been up and down all week as I had them manually reset the app pool, but it always eventually crashed after a few minutes of use. I'm pretty sure it was a problem on the hosting side at this point, but we'll see. I'll keep monitoring to see if it goes down again.

Edit: Creating logins and character creation should also work now, you'll still have to make new ones though.
Duffy Swiftshadow
After a few hours it seems to be stable, I'm gonna declare Goblinary has successfully returned.

Should anyone find issues aside from things like the site entirely disappearing you can send a message to support@goblinary.com
Edam
Working for me. Well done thanks for all the hard work.

IIS app pool issues can be notoriously difficult to track down. Even with sandboxing, recycling insanely often and allocating lots of resources to the pool you can still get issues. On one of our servers we resorted to a scripted IIS rest on the hour smile Another (old 32 bit) app ended up needing to be run on a much older version of IIS it was just not compatible with IIS 8.5 .

Apache has no app pools but that is not necessarily an advantage as an app crash or resource leak in apache can effect all your sites, not just the one that crashed.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post