Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Solutions to Escalation Hogging

Demiurge
One of the biggest issues n the server at the moment is larger groups hogging escalations preventing them from spawning elsewhere. Often good T2 escalations are ignored by these groups until they drop as low as 5 or 10% before they get taken out.

There are a number of ways to discourage this:

- turn spreading back on though perhaps limit it to the core 6 around the escalation hex
-start the escalations at a lower figure such as 60% then have them build UP to 100% over a few days before starting to decline
- drop the natural decline rate to 2.5%
- link the chances of getting T3 boss loot to the age of the escalation. Escalations taken out on day one should give close to 100% chance of T3. Old escalations should give almost no loot.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nothing is stopping you from going and doing them yourself, well unless someone shows up to fight you, in which case conflict working as intended. If your holding back because of meta/politic reasons people seem to forget theirs other options besides all or nothing, work out a deal or something. I always wondered why no one ever approached me about some sort of tithe for clearing out escalations faster than we were getting to them. Would a few recipes and some coin really have been too large a cost versus meta animosity?*shrugs*

Now don't get me wrong, in the past I got into debates about such things from a mechanical viewpoint. But I have since realized it's not really a problem with the mechanics it was a problem with meta social aspects and the lack mechanics to help us take action against one another.

Anyways, if this is directed in the League's direction you should probably know we quit playing a few weeks ago.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nothing is stopping you from going and doing them yourself, well unless someone shows up to fight you, in which case conflict working as intended. If your holding back because of meta/politic reasons people seem to forget theirs other options besides all or nothing, work out a deal or something. I always wondered why no one ever approached me about some sort of tithe for clearing out escalations faster than we were getting to them. Would a few recipes and some coin really have been too large a cost versus meta animosity?*shrugs*
Keepers Pass has always worked on the "mutual permission" principle for gathering. People that do not restrict our gathering are not restricted by us. It never came up with escalations. Emerald Lodge, while Thod was still active, worked on a tithe principle that most people were happy to stick to at the time throwing him a few T3 recipes.
    Demiurge
    - link the chances of getting T3 boss loot to the age of the escalation. Escalations taken out on day one should give close to 100% chance of T3. Old escalations should give almost no loot
    This would work providing its not a direct linear link. 100% chance on day one is too good and 5% T3 chance if it has dropped to 5% at the start of that day is too low.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post