Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Death to Wolfdale!

Bob
In accordance with the rules of war that will be set forth in a document to be written up shortly when my brain is less flu-addled, Goblinville hereby declares its intent to siege Wolfdale until it is no more, or at least until its leaders give us something sufficiently shiny and distracting.

As GM, I've verified that Goblinville has all the necessary siege equipment in its vaults, and has moved its PvP window to ensure it overlaps that of Wolfdale. I've also checked Wolfdale to see what buildings it has, what its current settlement level is, and how much bulk resources it has in its upkeep vault. With that I can calculate Wolfdale's defenses and the maximum amount of damage that needs to be done to it even if Wolfdale adds more bulk resources or buildings during the siege.

Goblinville Public Company is also feuding the two Wolfdale companies that have holdings in neighboring hexes in preparation for starting to take those down tomorrow, and will begin placing siege equipment in the hexes that are already empty. Goblinville Public Company's PvP window is from 7:05 to 10:05 PM Pacific and I'll be on Zog around 7 PM Pacific to kick things off.
Bob
Also, Company Test Eight from El Dorado has placed some siege equipment in Goblinville 2 and feuded Goblinville's founding company. Their PvP window is from about 2-3 PM Pacific for anyone interested in tackling some of those at a different time.
Bob
Looks like I was a little off on thinking about the timing for today. The siege equipment I placed in Wolfdale 6 last night is too new to have a PvP window, so there's nothing ready to fight at around 7 PM Pacific tonight. However, the two neighboring hexes held by Wolfdale companies will have their PvP window from 9:00-9:30 PM Pacific, so I'll be online to start taking those down tonight at 9 PM Pacific. Nothing that's happening tonight will particularly test out the settlement warfare aspects, but if anyone wants to join me around that time, I can also hand out goodies at the same time.

I've also gone ahead and changed the PvP windows for both settlements starting tomorrow to something more reasonable. Both will start at 4:05 PM Pacific. Goblinville's PvP window currently runs until 7:05 PM Pacific, and Wolfdale's will run that long starting Monday when its new settlement level of 20 kicks in.
Bob
All right, we'll start things in earnest tomorrow at 4 PM Pacific, see if Wolfdale can tear down some of that siege equipment. For those of you who can join us, I can move characters between companies as needed, and we'll probably all wind up fighting on both sides at various parts of this siege.
Bob
I'm on Zog and preparing to take down the first of Goblinville's Siege Camps that are aiding in the attack on Wolfdale. If anyone wants to join in, just post in general and I'll bring you to the fight.
Bob
Took down a Siege Camp last night and verified this morning that it was properly overrun. I'll be back on Zog tonight at 5 PM Pacific to take down the second Siege Camp and set the Siege Engine up for its final takedown.
Bob
I'm on Zog and getting ready to take down Goblinville's other Siege Camp in Wolfdale 1. Anyone who wants to help out and see what it's like to fight the Elite Guards at a Master's Siege Camp, post in general on Zog and I'll bring you to the fight.
Bob
All right, we took down the second Siege Camp in Wolfdale 1, so tomorrow we'll take down the Siege Engine. Turns out a party of 4 characters roughly similar to current high-level characters on Live can handle the Elite Guard Recruits at a Master's Siege Camp +0 pretty handily. A quick test of the Elite Guard Captains that would be guarding a Master's Siege Camp +5 showed that they'd be more challenging, but still possible to beat, and 1 or 2 more party members would have easily tipped the balance. Looks like they're just about right to have guarding such expensive buildings.

I'll be back on Zog at 5 PM Pacific tomorrow to take down the Master's Siege Engine, which will likely be a tougher fight. I may even upgrade it a bit beforehand. smile
Bob
I'm on Zog now and preparing for the final run at Goblinville's Siege Engine. Anyone who'd like to join in, post in general and I'll teleport you to the fight.
Bob
Last night's assault on Goblinville's Siege Engine was a complete success. The guards offered just about the right level of resistance for a Master's Siege Engine +0, and would have nicely supplemented any defending players. The Siege Engine ultimately fell to Wolfdale's defenders and is now under their control.

With that, we've tested out everything I've got planned for testing and the update has passed with flying colors, so there aren't any more scheduled tests for now. Next steps are to finish up the written settlement warfare rules and schedule the rollout. I'll keep you all posted as we proceed.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post