Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Mule games, influence and new icon color suggestion

Glinder
Mule games are player driven content. It’s a party. It’s fun. It’s unpredictable. It’s also expensive.

Unfortunately to throw this party, we need to spend influence. The same influence as if we were feuding and trying to take territory. It takes time to build up sufficient influence to spend on this or any other party.

What about 2 levels of feuding? Major feud and minor feud?

5 or 10 points of influence by the hour or the current 100 for two days? This would allow a brief feud for dueling, for playing games, for practicing fighting technique. It is much easier to make up 20-30 points of influence for a 2-3 hour party, or 10 points for dueling than 100 points for 2 days. 5 or 10 points per hour is expensive (120 to 240 per day) if someone was going to run a long territory feud so it wouldn’t be used in that way. It’s not sustainable.

Every player involved in Mule Games from D1 players to someone in his 5th week playing Pathfinder has had fun.

It would be easier to continue this fun and for other groups to have similar player content, duels, arena fighting, tournaments etc if it didn’t cost so much to throw a party.

Please consider a per hour charge for minor feuds/games.

Also, please consider a warning color for the map player icons.

Currently, unless the player is in a company with a feud, all player icon/dots show as white. Feuded (enemy) players show as red. Party players, regardless of feud show as blue. I would like to see the players involved in a feud in a 4th color, so they DON’T show as white to a third party. Yellow maybe? With a low population, this is less of an issue. As we get more people, it could become one. Walking into the middle of a feud can be dangerous. It would be best to change the color sooner, not after repeated incidents. Then yellow is simply part of the lore.
Azure_Zero
I have to agree, given the low population it is harder to grind the influence for these types of games.
Though another suggestion would be that if the feud has run for less then say 4 hours, and then canceled the feuder gets 80% of the influence back.
Bob
There could definitely be some improvements to influence and reputation, and these kinds of considerations would be part of the debate if we're able to fit tackling that part of the code into our plans. If we can, we're pretty sure there are at least a few relatively simple possibilities, some similar to those listed above, that could be helpful. On the downside, changes to these systems tend to have complicated consequences, so we'll likely have to spend some time thinking those through before implementing anything.
Edam
Bob
There could definitely be some improvements to influence and reputation, and these kinds of considerations would be part of the debate if we're able to fit tackling that part of the code into our plans. If we can, we're pretty sure there are at least a few relatively simple possibilities, some similar to those listed above, that could be helpful. On the downside, changes to these systems tend to have complicated consequences, so we'll likely have to spend some time thinking those through before implementing anything.

The only consequence I can currently foresee is that people could use the "short feuds" for assassinations and boss stealing. Whether that is actually a bad thing or not kind of depends on your perspective I suppose smile
Mistwalker
While population is low, and though being given to a proper way to fix this, as an interim solution, could the companies involved in Mule Games simply email you and you adjust their influence back to what it was before the game?
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Edam
Bob

The only consequence I can currently foresee is that people could use the "short feuds" for assassinations and boss stealing. Whether that is actually a bad thing or not kind of depends on your perspective I suppose smile

Good thing obviously. Drives more minor skirmishes and sneaky type stuff.

That and a quick way to deal with a single troublemaker or two as well without declaring a world war smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
You are a Troll
Are there single sneaky troublemakers in the game? I hadn't noticed…
Edam
You are a Troll
Are there single sneaky troublemakers in the game? I hadn't noticed…

sneaky troublemakers tend to be married
Bob
Mistwalker
While population is low, and though being given to a proper way to fix this, as an interim solution, could the companies involved in Mule Games simply email you and you adjust their influence back to what it was before the game?

It's possible there's some GM-type things I could do to help out, but there'd likely be a fair amount of coordination and general overhead in making sure everything's done right.
Glinder
Personally, I'd rather an in game mechanic, not laying another burden on Bob who is overburdened enough. This return would work best for a scheduled-in-advance mule games, but wouldn't for spontaneous dueling or other shenanigans. I'd also like to be able to schedule a feud on Wednesday for 7-9 on Thursday or Friday.

As to the possibility of using short term feuds for assassinations and boss stealing, I return to different colors of icon. If My icon also changed color when I'm involved in a feud, it would be harder to _be_ pounced on without warning if that is the concern. (Sorry, Paddy.)

Boss stealing is less likely as long as the hour window exists between feud declaration and start time.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post