Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thank You Lisa, for Hope and the Road Map.

Azure_Zero
Thank you Lisa, The new hope for the game and the Roadmap you've given.

The Road map is in the e-mail sent, and outlines a number of things we wanted.
Give it a read.

And again Thank you Lisa.
Flari-Merchant
Bravo! A Plan and a Road Map.
Please publish that somewhere on the site here. Wonderful news!
Thank you, Guys!
Fiery
It's been up as a blog since before this thread.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm pretty pumped about 99% of it, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there is anything in there that would solve the existing problems we have with PvP mechanics, and bringing back support is only going to make that worse.

But as far as all the little things that are needed I think the plan covers the core of it very well.
Tyncale
Thanks Lisa, that is a pretty extensive list. I am a bit apprehensive as to how this can be accomplished with only 3 people but it is certainly something to look forward too.

I was hoping that Enchanting would be earlier on that list, since the lack of that feature has been annulling a large part of the Paper Doll and equipment slots. Utilities and Enchanting basically make up for the use of about 70% of the equipmentslots, which again make up for the same amount of Crafting/harvesting to fill out these slots with something that is actually useful: i.e. a pair of nicely Enchanted Gloves that cater to a Utility that actually does something useful.

Right now, Utilities are hardly useful (and horribly restricted per Role) and all that Equipment itself brings no extra stats through Enchantment.

But I guess that Enchanting has had no groundwork done yet, so is at the end of the list currently. I understand that.

As to the tens of thousands you can bring in: I can only think of Steam Greenlight when I hear that. Sounds good to me. I am sure many people will feel that opening this game up to Steam will be the deathknell, since you will get hordes of people flaming this unfinished game to the ground after they tried it on Steam: then again, I think PFO's reputation already has hit rockbottom some time ago, so if anything this could be a nice infusion of money and I am sure a percentage of players will also stick.

I assume there will be a charge, probably equivalent to a first month of XP. I would be careful about your pricepoint: make it so low that lots of people will not bother to ask for a refund. I am not being mean here, just realistic. So 9.99 dollars or so. About the sub: especially Steamplayers will be mad about the monhtly sub so I am curious if you have any other plans for that? You may want to rethink that whole part, even though I myself are a huge fan of the whole "set amount of xp per month for a fee" thing. Saves me from grinding. smile

AS to the Rulebook for Paizo tabletop players: I still think those will never be your demographic for this game, unless you make PvP a lot more consensual, or rather entirely consensual, and add a lot of PVE.

I applaud your tenacity in trying to bring this project to fruition: many others would already have axed the game months ago. I am dubious about you 3 pulling this off, but it certainly is better then what we were looking at the past year.

Cheers!
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Schedim
Tyncale
AS to the Rulebook for Paizo tabletop players: I still think those will never be your demographic for this game, unless you make PvP a lot more consensual, or rather entirely consensual, and add a lot of

Absolutely, as the system has nothing to do with Pathfinder (table top) at all (one of my largest disappointments) there is a real problem of presentation here. If there had been Golarion in the name somewhere. As for now … Difficult indeed…

Wish I had the money to play again, but sadly I have to see my account as someting to be sold sooner rathe rthan later … smile
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
goldenradish
Read through the email..

It's really unfortunate that goblinworks is continuing down this demonstrated path of failure. It's not really that hard to understand: The existing and outlined future feature set has not and will never gather a sufficient population to make this game a financially viable product or service.

Attempting to "finish" the feature set that has not gathered a sufficient population in an attempt to make this game a financially viable product is just throwing good time & money after bad. I see no logic in it, and I will tell everyone I know to stay away until someone else purchases/licenses the Pathfinder intellectual property and makes a product worthy of the Pathfinder name.

You know how to make a financially viable product or service, and yet deliberately choose not to? Why would anyone continue to support such a path? smile The lack of financial responsibility is frankly astonishing to me.
Bob
Tyncale
AS to the Rulebook for Paizo tabletop players: I still think those will never be your demographic for this game, unless you make PvP a lot more consensual, or rather entirely consensual, and add a lot of PVE.

We do indeed plan on making PvP a lot more consensual. I'll start up a forum thread soon to discuss it in more detail, but that's the general idea of the Opt-In PvP section under the very first milestone. We'll also be adding a bit more PvE, specifically with monsters attacking at Holdings and Gushers, and with at least one new escalation and several new escalation variants, but there will admittedly be some limits to how much content we can add in the short run.

Father Bronin
What are the chances for a t3 escalation? I remember there was talk of one a while back. Demons if I remember correctly. How close was it to being finished? I think some here need a challenge.
Flari-Merchant
goldenradish
Read through the email..

It's really unfortunate that goblinworks is continuing down this demonstrated path of failure. It's not really that hard to understand: The existing and outlined future feature set has not and will never gather a sufficient population to make this game a financially viable product or service.

Attempting to "finish" the feature set that has not gathered a sufficient population in an attempt to make this game a financially viable product is just throwing good time & money after bad. I see no logic in it, and I will tell everyone I know to stay away until someone else purchases/licenses the Pathfinder intellectual property and makes a product worthy of the Pathfinder name.

You know how to make a financially viable product or service, and yet deliberately choose not to? Why would anyone continue to support such a path? smile The lack of financial responsibility is frankly astonishing to me.

Disagree and probably for reasons that you won't like.

We all have our own ideas on what we think would be best for a "Road Map" and priority features. I for instance feel that absolute focus should be on day to day play and experiences, leaving all of the settlement management stuff for the far end of the Road Map. With the exception of a massive overhaul(or shut it down for the nonce) on the feuding system, ASAP. Lots of focus on tools to make quests and PVE content: contracts, quest design tools, GM RP events, etc.., etc… I feel that serious focus should be on what will RETAIN new players(and I suppose more attractive to PFRPG players), first, yet that is largely subjective. BUT as Lisa and Bob always have to point out, there are limits to what they can do and what is possible so some calls have to be made.

Something is being planned that is pro active and forward thinking beyond waiting for the "White Knight" investor. For that alone I support this and wish them the best.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post