Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Thank You Lisa, for Hope and the Road Map.

Stilachio Thrax
Bob
If the attackers do get to the point of actually surrounding the settlement with siege equipment, we'll also restrict the settlement's ability to repair damage during their 4 non-PvP days. With the rules I'm currently writing up, I simply won't count any new structures or bulk resources as part of the defenses if they're added after the siege begins. When we eventually automate the sieges, we'll have mechanics that restrict new buildings, or upkeep deposits, or whatever is appropriate to restrict during that time.

This is one thing that really bothers me. If the defenders can mule in additional bulk goods under the noses of the attackers, they really should be credited to the defense. Given the way crafting and placing buildings works, I can understand why you might want to restrict that aspect, but bringing in bulk is a participation-heavy, risky activity if under siege and it should be encouraged (and the attackers should be encouraged to stop it). It gives the defender the option to try to hold out longer than the attacker is willing to besiege them, rather than directly fight over the siege camps/engines with a potentially numerically superior foe. And instead of PVP fights that are more or less exactly like the current holding fights, you'll maybe get mobile, dynamic fights for control of the supply mules.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Tyncale
You are a Troll
I use my utility feats quite often - as in every single combat - and need to slot four different *wearables* to get the max duration from one of them (I will give you evasion needs only level 1) because of the completely (if you bother to make a study of it) fathomable epow/epro mechanic, which I happen to like quite a bit.

Being able to qualify for them with any ability high enough, or even a secondary on each high enough, is a good idea and could really open things up a bit in terms of choices. As well, reducing durability on *wearables* down to 10 or even 5 would help boost crafting and sales of such things too.
Well, apart from Evasion I do not think Utilities are worthwhile to bother with currently. I honestly do think that in their current state nobody will choose to thread any wearables over their Armor, Weapon and/or Implement.

As to EPro and Epow: at some point I studied this just like the rest of us(and understood it and why it's there) but it isn't exactly an intuitive thing. I fear for the confused look on the faces of the Tens of Thousands.

The system works in a way that you sometimes can actually see a drop in power, when you upgrade. This is so counterintuitive to the average RPG and MMO player that I expect we will have to keep explaining this over and over again, forever. You can write the *best* manual about it, create a hundred pop-ups that explains it, or give a superduper tutorial at the start: but this will forever haunt new players in the future. It is just one of the many things that pushes the game further into a niche.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
You are a Troll
Stilachio Thrax
Bob
If the attackers do get to the point of actually surrounding the settlement with siege equipment, we'll also restrict the settlement's ability to repair damage during their 4 non-PvP days. With the rules I'm currently writing up, I simply won't count any new structures or bulk resources as part of the defenses if they're added after the siege begins. When we eventually automate the sieges, we'll have mechanics that restrict new buildings, or upkeep deposits, or whatever is appropriate to restrict during that time.

This is one thing that really bothers me. If the defenders can mule in additional bulk goods under the noses of the attackers, they really should be credited to the defense. Given the way crafting and placing buildings works, I can understand why you might want to restrict that aspect, but bringing in bulk is a participation-heavy, risky activity if under siege and it should be encouraged (and the attackers should be encouraged to stop it). It gives the defender the option to try to hold out longer than the attacker is willing to besiege them, rather than directly fight over the siege camps/engines with a potentially numerically superior foe. And instead of PVP fights that are more or less exactly like the current holding fights, you'll maybe get mobile, dynamic fights for control of the supply mules.

Maybe only allow bulk deposits during the PVP window so the attackers know when to expect to go looking for them? It just isn't realistic to expect people to man the siege 24/7 like they would in *real life*
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bob

I'm all for that if we reach a point where bringing in additional bulk goods really is risky during a siege. Currently, you'd just mule them in when things aren't that busy. There are certainly things we could do in the long run to make smuggling past sieging forces more interesting, but in the short run it's a lot easier to keep things balanced by restricting that behavior to some degree.
Bob
You are a Troll
Maybe only allow bulk deposits during the PVP window so the attackers know when to expect to go looking for them? It just isn't realistic to expect people to man the siege 24/7 like they would in *real life*

That would be one way to make it more interesting. Worth looking at when we get to automating sieges more, since it may just be a minor addition to implementing a restriction on bulk deposits in the first place.
Midnight
Deposits are close to instantaneous, right?

Bring in the mule when no one's around… unload to a player… player logs out… player logs in during the PvP window when she gets the all clear from her mates exposing her to about 10 seconds of login lag and 2 seconds to make a bank deposit.

Seems too easy to exploit around.

I like where this discussion is going, but we need to keep shooting down any exploitability.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bob
Midnight

Bring in the mule when no one's around… unload to a player… player logs out… player logs in during the PvP window when she gets the all clear from her mates exposing her to about 10 seconds of login lag and 2 seconds to make a bank deposit.

I like where this discussion is going, but we need to keep shooting down any exploitability.

Absolutely. We'll want to talk through all those possibilities when we get closer to actually working on that area to make sure we consider all possible exploits.
Stilachio Thrax
Midnight

Maybe a smallholding type structure called a Smuggler's Camp. It would be able to spawn mules. Defenders could spawn it wherever they feel it would be safe (close to the settlement would shorten the time need to get in, but make it easier for the attackers to find it; farther away would make it harder for the attackers to find, but it would take longer to make the run). You mule in bulk to it whenever you want. When you want to try to smuggle it into the defending settlement, you have to spawn the mules during the PVP window, load up, and get them to the settlement vault before the PVP window closes.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Flari-Merchant
Previously Bob had kinda liked the idea of it being possible to bring in Bulk IF the defenders could manage to knock out one of the 6 surrounding camps.
Since there is already the ability to PVP freely during any time of day, it could be up to the aggressor to stop the smugglers/relief column. One problematic thing I can see though is that players outside of the feud might bring the stuff in, thereby making the aggressor have to decide if he wants a rep hit to stop them.
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob
Sorry but I have exhausted my questions/concerns (as far as the info I have anyway) about the first update. Are you ready for talking about Phase Two? Can you tell us anything about Azoth? Will it be tradable ingame?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post