Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Restricting Output from Outposts to Upgrade Level of Holding

Edam
When is this to be implemented ?
Edam
Bob
+0: Bulk Food 11
+1: Bulk Food 14, Trade Goods 2
+2: Bulk Food 18, Trade Goods 4
+3: Bulk Food 22, Trade Goods 6, Bulk Wood 1
+4: Bulk Food 26, Trade Goods 9, Bulk Wood 2
+5: Bulk Food 30, Trade Goods 12, Bulk Wood 4
Comments/concerns?
So assuming you stock up with a full mule load (say 1500 or so) of non self feeding resources, they will last anywhere from a best case of 3 years (wood in a +3 inn holding) down to 50 days (Food in a +5 inn holding). That seems workable.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bob
Comments/concerns?
So assuming you stock up with a full mule load (say 1500 or so) of non self feeding resources, they will last anywhere from a best case of 3 years (wood in a +3 inn holding) down to 50 days (Food in a +5 inn holding). That seems workable.
Until it all gets raided and disappears. smile
Bob
Edam
When is this to be implemented ?

All of this will come with EE 12 in May.
Azure_Zero
Bob
I left all the resource types alone and just altered the numbers for each resource. As an example, here are the new upkeep numbers for Inn Holdings:

For comparison, these were the old numbers:

+0: Bulk Food 2
+1: Bulk Food 4, Trade Goods 3
+2: Bulk Food 8, Trade Goods 8
+3: Bulk Food 10, Trade Goods 10, Bulk Wood 10
+4: Bulk Food 17, Trade Goods 17, Bulk Wood 16
+5: Bulk Food 26, Trade Goods 26, Bulk Wood 25

The numbers are the same for every holding type, only the resource types change, same as before.

Comments/concerns?

Wow, you just made it expensive to claim more hexes with the lower end by a lot
And you made Inns No longer usable in forest hexes, since the best an Inn can generate in a forest is less then 11 food.

I would of done:

+0: Bulk Food 4
+1: Bulk Food 8, Trade Goods 2
+2: Bulk Food 12, Trade Goods 4
+3: Bulk Food 16, Trade Goods 8, Bulk Wood 4
+4: Bulk Food 20, Trade Goods 12, Bulk Wood 8
+5: Bulk Food 24, Trade Goods 16, Bulk Wood 12
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob
Unsure if I have concerns or not. With the complexity of all of the possibilities due to hex values vs outpost strength/output, I have to say… I am not willing to do the math. I can do math, but it isn't my favorite pastime.

As long as there are viable/profitable options for each type of hex out there, the worst we could say is maybe: "There are not enough viable/profitable and defensible Hex build options."

Edit: Oh, and like Edam, I am glad that you have lowered the secondary and tertiary Bulk costs. You have lessened the frequency of a PITA chore.
You are a Troll
BL, have you done any holding loading/unloading with the new Mule Bags? Loading holdings up with 1K of the appropriate bulk goods doesn't seem like such a horrible chore. How often would you actually have to do that? A T2+3 Mule bag now carries close to 10K bulk goods.
Decius
Assuming that stuff in the bank is "safe" from raids, but ongoing production less so…

Is the warden outpost waiting on tech or just art? Can we get them in with duplicate art?
Decius
Lower than +3 the bulk changes are more total; at +3, the highest reasonable level,the bulk consumption is 29 and gross production is 88 for a high resource rating of 800. Net is 59/day for 500 influence, 50 for 400 influence, 40/300, or 29/200. Net production falls at +4.

If you're in a ordinary hex or need a bulk that is locally rare, a rating of 350 or even less is likely. The +3 offers a net of 9 resources in that case, from a gross of 38.

If the goal is to make widespread transportation of bulk resources across the map happen, I think it will likely work. Scraping out the less common resources from a couple of not-horrible hexes just jumped up to being prohibitively expensive; if trading even amounts across the map doesn't become plausible real quick the system is likely to fail hard.

In any case, the basic effect is between a 25% decrease in net bulk goods and a 70% drop, depending on the details of the change. That's about right for a balance adjustment, if the intent was to make bulk harder to get. I think a global drop in production, lowering/eliminating +0 holding influence cots, and no change to production math would encourage expansion more than a pure stick method of just reducing production.
Bob
Decius
Lower than +3 the bulk changes are more total; at +3, the highest reasonable level,the bulk consumption is 29 and gross production is 88 for a high resource rating of 800. Net is 59/day for 500 influence, 50 for 400 influence, 40/300, or 29/200. Net production falls at +4.

According to my calculations, net production goes up to 67 at +4 and 74 at +5 if the resource rating is 800. I definitely don't want net production as you upgrade going down when operating at peak efficiency. Ideally, the upgrade numbers work out even when operating at somewhat less than peak efficiency, which is often necessary if you want to provide the second resource without manually stocking it, though it may require at least manually stocking the third resource to cover +4 and +5 upgrades. In most hexes, I'm expecting that you can upgrade to at least +3 while both remaining self-sufficient and increasing your net production with each upgrade. The exceptions would be hexes that simply don't have enough of any two resources to ever really produce much regardless of outpost choice.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post