Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Restricting Output from Outposts to Upgrade Level of Holding

Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nihimon
Is it possible to upgrade a Holding in-place? Something makes me think I read somewhere that you had to tear down the Outposts in a Hex if you wanted to place a Holding with a higher plus.

You can, I tested it a few weeks ago.

• Upgrade a holding up to its maximum from a lower plus (example take a 1/3 to a 2/3) - just do it.
  • Upgrade the holding to a higher maximum plus of same type - just apply the new higher plus kit over the existing holding.
  • Upgrade and also change holding type to a different type of holding at same time - tear down everything including the outposts.

EDIT: It is probably stating the obvious but you effectively lose the mats invested in the original holding kit in both the latter situations. The difference is you get to keep the outposts if you are just upgrading the holding to a higher maximum plus.
Nihimon
Thanks, Duffy and Edam. That helps.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Any chance of getting the Warden's Outpost in early if you do several Test Server publishes for EE 12? Big update and I was hoping(along with mini test publishes) to learn early as possible if that will be added.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
Any chance of getting the Warden's Outpost in early if you do several Test Server publishes for EE 12? Big update and I was hoping(along with mini test publishes) to learn early as possible if that will be added.

I haven't done a full round of testing on them yet, but it looks like the Warden's Outpost was all ready to go, though it does use the Trading Outpost art for now. The main thing I had to do was just add it to the recipe drop list. Assuming no issues (or only minor issues) show up during testing, it will start dropping in EE 12.
Bob
FYI, Cole got the Holding Resource Bonuses working for EE 12, so that will get added on to the daily output coming from your hexes. You'll actually get it whether or not you've got any outposts, so it's essentially just some bulk resources that your holdings produce on their own.

With that in, I did make some quick changes to some of the Resource Bonuses to better match with the work done on the Holding Upkeep numbers. For Trading Posts, I raised the Trade Goods they produce to 2-12 instead of 1-6, to match the other holdings. For Fisheries, I lowered their output from 4-24 to 2-12 to match other holdings, and also changed it from Trade Goods to Bulk Food. That was because it was the only holding producing the third resource needed for its own upkeep, making that too valuable a bonus, and because Trade Goods was overly-represented as a Resource Bonus on other holdings.
Bob
And another item I'll mention here because it's about Holdings and Outposts: Cole got upgrade visuals showing up properly, so now upgraded Holdings and Outposts will show the correct upgraded models. In general they'll switch to a new model every other upgrade.
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

On the wiki, is it an error that mine holdings get a bonus of stone and quarries get a bonus of iron? Seems the only two that are out of sync.

Edit: Opps! Also nice to see those come in and the upgraded skins too! Bravo Cole!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
On the wiki, is it an error that mine holdings get a bonus of stone and quarries get a bonus of iron? Seems the only two that are out of sync.

Thanks for reminding me of that. Had a bug report from a while back to look into that eventually but it slipped down in priority (primarily because it wasn't working anyway at the time the bug was entered) and I didn't notice it while making these related fixes. I've now switched those two around as well.
Decius
Bob
FYI, Cole got the Holding Resource Bonuses working for EE 12, so that will get added on to the daily output coming from your hexes. You'll actually get it whether or not you've got any outposts, so it's essentially just some bulk resources that your holdings produce on their own.

With that in, I did make some quick changes to some of the Resource Bonuses to better match with the work done on the Holding Upkeep numbers. For Trading Posts, I raised the Trade Goods they produce to 2-12 instead of 1-6, to match the other holdings. For Fisheries, I lowered their output from 4-24 to 2-12 to match other holdings, and also changed it from Trade Goods to Bulk Food. That was because it was the only holding producing the third resource needed for its own upkeep, making that too valuable a bonus, and because Trade Goods was overly-represented as a Resource Bonus on other holdings.
The previous discussed plan was that the holding bonus would only apply if there was at least some of that resource produced by an outpost in the hex. Is the change to producing bulk unconditionally expected to be permanent?
WxCougar of KOTC
Do the holdings produce that amount of Bulk or is that number a multiplier in the formula for the hex? For example, does a Mine Holding +0 produce 2 Bulk Ore?
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post