Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bringing Back Support

Flari-Merchant
Bob
For EE 12, we're bringing back support, but in a way that let's you keep some of your training even if your support level drops too low to fully support your trained ranks in all of your feats. Here's how it works:

For every feat you've learned, we first check your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (the highest rank of that feat that's supported by your Support Level). If your Trained Rank is less than or equal to your Supported Rank, then your Current Rank is equal to your Trained Rank, since you're fully supported. If your Trained Rank is greater than your Supported Rank, then your Current Rank is equal to the average of your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (add together and divide by 2), rounded up.

Here's a couple examples:

Trained Rank: 5
Supported Rank: 8
Current Rank: 5

Trained Rank: 8
Supported Rank: 5
Current Rank: 7

@ Bob

What if my trained rank is 20 and my settlement is set to 19? Why would I pay for 20 if the only basic advantage is a slight craft time bonus?
Edit: Did I miss this addressed already?
Edam
Bringslite of Staalgard
Bob
For EE 12, we're bringing back support, but in a way that let's you keep some of your training even if your support level drops too low to fully support your trained ranks in all of your feats. Here's how it works:

For every feat you've learned, we first check your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (the highest rank of that feat that's supported by your Support Level). If your Trained Rank is less than or equal to your Supported Rank, then your Current Rank is equal to your Trained Rank, since you're fully supported. If your Trained Rank is greater than your Supported Rank, then your Current Rank is equal to the average of your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (add together and divide by 2), rounded up.

@ Bob

What if my trained rank is 20 and my settlement is set to 19?

Bob has already covered that in the post you just quoted:
" …. your Current Rank is equal to the average of your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (add together and divide by 2), rounded up "

Hence (20+19)/2 = 19.5 which rounds up to 20
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bringslite of Staalgard
Bob

@ Bob

What if my trained rank is 20 and my settlement is set to 19?

Bob has already covered that in the post you just quoted:
" …. your Current Rank is equal to the average of your Trained Rank and your Supported Rank (add together and divide by 2), rounded up "

Hence (20+19)/2 = 19.5 which rounds up to 20
Lol I can see that which is why I am asking. What I am wondering is if there shouldn't be an exception. Of course I am going to go with a lvl 19 settlement if it saves me something.
I had thought though that the entire overarching goal was to drive us to want to reach for settlement lvl 20?
Edit: I should have been more specific. Original question edited
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
What if my trained rank is 20 and my settlement is set to 19? Why would I pay for 20 if the only basic advantage is a slight craft time bonus?

I'm assuming in this case that what you mean is that your trained rank is 20 for a feat that has 20 total ranks and generally requires support level X for feat rank X, like most crafting/refining skills. In that case you'd see a trained rank of 20, a supported rank of 19, and an active rank of 20 because of the rounding up. In other words, for the vast majority of feats, level 19 support is indistinguishable from level 20 support.

However, there is currently at least one exception to that, namely Power, which goes to rank 40. If fully trained on Power, you'd see trained rank 40, supported rank 38, and active rank 39.
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
I had thought though that the entire overarching goal was to drive us to want to reach for settlement lvl 20?

Well, you do get some other stuff for going to settlement level 20, but we really only wanted to push people to run at higher levels overall. We don't really expect this to motivate the settlements that are already running at pretty high levels to run much higher, but we do hope it will motive some running at lower levels to run a little bit higher, perhaps 1 below the level they can fully take advantage of.
Mistwalker
Just to confirm, if you have a gatherer that has rank 14 in the gathering skill and can mine T3 resources, if they are not part of a settlement that has support set at level 13 or 14, then they can no longer gather T3 goods?
Bob
Mistwalker
Just to confirm, if you have a gatherer that has rank 14 in the gathering skill and can mine T3 resources, if they are not part of a settlement that has support set at level 13 or 14, then they can no longer gather T3 goods?

That should be correct. At settlement level 12, you'd only have support for rank 12 of a gathering skill (since they have 20 ranks), so if your trained rank is 14 then your active rank would be 13 and you'd only be able to do whatever comes with rank 13.
Mistwalker
Bob
Mistwalker

That should be correct. At settlement level 12, you'd only have support for rank 12 of a gathering skill (since they have 20 ranks), so if your trained rank is 14 then your active rank would be 13 and you'd only be able to do whatever comes with rank 13.

But if you had a gatherer with a rank 16, you could be part of a settlement at level 12, and still be able to gather T3 goods right, the whole 50% difference coming into play?
Duffy Swiftshadow
The minimum support needed to for T3 gathering is 13. However due to the average mechanic every rank beyond 14 pushes the needed support level down per rank. So at 15 you only need 12, at 16 you need 11 etC…
Decius
For gathering feats

min(feat level, (support level+feat level)/2)>=14
round up.

More generally
min(feat level, (supported feat level+feat level)/2)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post