Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bringing Back Support

Edam
Yeah, though I think you might need a level 20 gatherer to get T3 without a settlement at all.
Bob
Edam
Yeah, though I think you might need a level 20 gatherer to get T3 without a settlement at all.

Actually, 19 will do it, since everyone has a minimum support level of 8:

( 19 + 8 ) / 2 = 13.5, which rounds up to 14.

The minimum support level for anyone in a settlement is 9, and starting in EE 12 that will be true even if upkeep isn't paid, so any settlement member who's at least a level 18 gatherer will still be able to gather T3 without the settlement paying for any support. They just won't gather it as well as they would with additional support.
Flari-Merchant
Well it is the first real incentive to push your gathering skills past 14. That is something good for the game, no?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Mistwalker
Hey Bob, another question.

Feats/skills that have variable support levels, depending on the trainer. Example HP support varies according to which trainer is used - so for HP 16, it can be Dreadnaught 16, Seminary 19 or Skirmisher 19. Does the system look at just the support level, or does it look at what trainers are available in the settlement.

If you are a wizard with 20 HP, and your settlement is at level 16 and has no dreadaught, but does have a seminary and a warwizard.
Is your HP feat based off of the warwizard trainer, rank 8 max, with a modified rank HP 12?
Or is you HP feat based off of the seminary trainer, rank 13 max, with a modified rank HP 17?
Or is you HP feat based off of the support level of the settlement, rank 16 max, with a modified rank HP 18?
Bob
Mistwalker
Hey Bob, another question.

Feats/skills that have variable support levels, depending on the trainer. Example HP support varies according to which trainer is used - so for HP 16, it can be Dreadnaught 16, Seminary 19 or Skirmisher 19. Does the system look at just the support level, or does it look at what trainers are available in the settlement.

If you are a wizard with 20 HP, and your settlement is at level 16 and has no dreadaught, but does have a seminary and a warwizard.
Is your HP feat based off of the warwizard trainer, rank 8 max, with a modified rank HP 12?
Or is you HP feat based off of the seminary trainer, rank 13 max, with a modified rank HP 17?
Or is you HP feat based off of the support level of the settlement, rank 16 max, with a modified rank HP 18?

We don't currently look at exactly what trainers are available in the settlement, and we're still debating exactly how we're going to handle that when we start supporting individual building upgrades. For the moment, you just get support for the highest rank trainable by any possible trainer at your settlement/support level. So for the example given, your support for HP would be based off the training available from a dreadnaught trainer at support level 16, meaning support for rank 16, with an active rank of 18 if your trained rank is 20.
Bob
I've just verified in our latest build that it's possible to train feats beyond your support level. It apparently always was possible, it just rarely came up because almost everyone is in a settlement and has been getting support up to 20 regardless of settlement level.

We did however want training beyond your support level to have a little extra cost to increase the pressure to keep settlement level high even if you've got training available elsewhere, so while staring at the code to make sure everything was working properly, we added a 50% surcharge for all the extra work the trainer has to do given your lack of support.
Flari-Merchant
So you can train it but not use it until your support level rises to the challenge.

While the population is so low, some really tough choices are going to have to be made by The Bigger Alliances about how many and which settlements are worth keeping propped up. Someone is still going to have to keep the lights on in certain places if the groups really want to hang on to all of their settlements.

The above is why, even though I basically like the idea and appreciate that Bulk will now have value, I am wondering if it might do more harm than good so long before you try and get a serious "New Player Injection".
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Midnight
When the trainer is charging the inflated price, is there any indicator to the player that the price is inflated or why?

At higher levels the training is so uncommon that players might not have a firm grasp on training prices and without an indicator of the surcharge, they might not know to petition for higher support.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Duffy Swiftshadow
I ended up doing this yesterday, it does say your settlement (in this case I was unattached while switching companies) does not have high enough support. It's not like colored differently or anything but the note is there.
Bob
Midnight
When the trainer is charging the inflated price, is there any indicator to the player that the price is inflated or why?

At higher levels the training is so uncommon that players might not have a firm grasp on training prices and without an indicator of the surcharge, they might not know to petition for higher support.

Yes, we did a couple things to make it clear.

First, as Duffy mentioned, there's already a mention in the prerequisites section saying that your support level is too low, though of course it doesn't currently mention the surcharge. Because that message is lumped in with the prerequisites, it can be a bit confusing. If it shows up on a trainable feat, it's not too bad because it just likes like a warning. If it shows up on a feat that's untrainable because you don't meet other prerequisites, then it can make you think you need to have support before you can train, even though it's meant as just a warning. What we've done is change it to a clearer message saying that because you don't have enough support there will be a 50% surcharge.

Second, in the section showing you how much training will cost, it's now listed as X + 1/2 X ("50c + 25c"smile if there's a surcharge.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post