Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Tokens/ Alchemy prerequisite

Smitty
@ Bob
I didn't see this on the road map, and understand if you don't have time to make changes or go into detail, but figured i would ask anyway.
A while back this topic was brought up- one of the last things in the thread you said was that you were going to do some research about getting a 19 constitution - ( number needed to use T3 tokens, and T3 healing potions etc).

Some folks were convinced they could not reach 19- without taking mixtures of gathering- refining skills-
Your response was you would do some math and look into it.
Honestly, Id rather just discuss doing away with a specific stat, than talk about the math of "is 19 con possible with out taking refining.."
To me it feels like the stat requirements for potions and tokens-

Was put in to keep players from using consumables that were above their Tier.
This is the only mechanical reason i can see to put those restrictions in place.
So First Question…

How hard is it to change those prerequisites?

Can you keep Con(or Dex/Wis) of 19 and then put in a check for any other stat over ____ (20-22?) as a prerequisite?

If you leave the 19 as the core stat- you still ensure Dex based players get grenades before others- con players get tokens before anyone else-
wisdom players get Blood blocks before anyone etc.

But ALL other players can use the items once any of their stats reach ___ (20 or 22)?
This feels like a much better system ..

Alchemist could actually make potions people in T3 could use.
Apothecary characters could actually make some of those strong recipes to use instead of just making ink and varnish.
IF the goal was to keep players from using consumables to high for their level- then can we look into making this change?

Hopefully it Would just be a spread sheet entry? or would you need to do some coding changes as well?
Bob
We're talking about making some changes along those lines, but unfortunately it's not just a spreadsheet change. It's not a huge change either, but we have to figure out when we'll be able to fit it in with all the other code changes scheduled.
The Eternal Balance
I think we need to stick to the road-map as much as possible. This is just a three person team and distracting them with every little thing we would like to see fixed/tweaked/dropped/changed is not going to be super productive.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Fiery
I think it's a measure of cost to benefit balance. If this isn't a huge change and can be reasonably fit in somewhere without particularly disrupting their plans, why not? All we can do is make suggestions. It's up to them to determine how easily such ideas can be implemented and whether it's worth doing.
Decius
The hard part would probably be making the design choice and checking it for interactions with other systems.
Smitty
@Bob

Thanks For the response. Was just curios where you guys were on this.

@Balance I heard the may update was going well. Knew some work had been on the subject and was wondering what / where they were on the topic. Like I said originally didn't see it on the map, but if things are going well figured I'd ask
. Because it would make 1 crafting profession interesting.. and 1 refining profession more useful..

Sorry to hear not just a spread sheet fix.. but was hopeful..
Edam
Out of curiosity, I know tokens are currently all based on CON - but are some T3 potions WIS based, the way some T2 potions use WIS instead of CON ? ( I have never bothered with T3 potions to test it as I have 19 CON and can use the tokens.)
Bob
Edam
Out of curiosity, I know tokens are currently all based on CON - but are some T3 potions WIS based, the way some T2 potions use WIS instead of CON ? ( I have never bothered with T3 potions to test it as I have 19 CON and can use the tokens.)

Yes, items like Bloodblocks and Sunrods that use WIS are available in T1 (Apprentice's), T2 (Journeyman's) and T3 (Master's). They're all listed in my spreadsheets under Miscellaneous Alchemy, as they're not exactly potions or grenades.
Flari-Merchant
Eventually perhaps a skill line [i.e. "Grenadier"] or two that allow use of certain types of items that are a real hassle to get access to?

For one thing, keep in mind that there are only two slots on a paper doll for such items anyway…. That is a significant limit all by itself…
Edam
Bringslite of Staalgard
For one thing, keep in mind that there are only two slots on a paper doll for such items anyway…. That is a significant limit all by itself…
What if we split the token slots off so we had two slots just for tokens and two more specifically for potions and bombs ?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post