Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE11.6 Settlement Vaults Best Practices

Giorgio
Revised: 5/12/17

I am interested in learning what individuals and company/settlement leaders have done with regards to the management of Settlement Vaults on the personal, company and settlement levels.

Specifically, two areas: organization and permission/access:

A) Organization:

Currently the settlements vaults are organized as:

Personal
Company
Company Secure
Settlement
Settlement Secure
Settlement Upkeep

I would like to know what are “best practices” for using these vaults to organize, access, store and protect valuable resources (in the broad sense of the word: armor, weapons, raw materials, crafted materials, recipes, bulk goods….).

For example:

-For everyone: given six options for vault storage, what resources do you recommend go into each of the six vault options, with regards to ease of access, keeping inventory, sharing items with company and settlement mates, security considerations, and crafting use?

-For individuals: when you come back from gathering resources, where do you place the items you collected on your last outing (trash, low-mid-high level/value, to keep/to share/to sell…); what goes to personal, company and settlement vaults, and why?

-For company/settlement leadership: with regards to security, logistics and access, how to you organize the vaults so that low level/less valuable resources are readily accessible to new/casual players, but restrict access to the higher level/more valuable resources (so they won’t get wasted, stolen, sold, lost track of…) so that more experienced crafters can have access to what they need?

-For company/settlement leadership: with regards to crafting, how do you organize resources by Tier or Value so that players can craft what they need, be able to view the vaults to see what is available, and for Crafting Coordinators (for lack of better term) be able to keep track of what is in inventory, is currently being crafted, what needs to be crafted, what is going to be crafted in the future, what should be stockpile, who should have access to these resources, and how all of this aligns with company or settlement goals?

-For company/settlement leadership: have you created any written policy (that can be shared) on how the vaults are to be used, what each rank (recruit, soldier, craftsman, leader) is expected to contribute or use, what materials the company or settlement finds valuable, what resources are to be stockpiled, traded, sold (and to whom), who allocates/distributes/inventories/manages these resources, and similar concerns?
B) Permissions/Access

Currently I have the settlement vault permissions set at the default level, and I have a few questions for settlement leaders (who can edit vault permissions):

-What recommended changes, if any, are good to make to the default vault permission levels?

-What determines what rank a player gets (recruit, soldier, craftsman, leader) and what access/vault permissions they receive?

-How do you balance security vs crafting needs?

These are just some of the many questions that come to mind, and given the fact that I need to re-organize my settlements vaults, I am interested to see what ideas/solutions other players have come up with, given the current state of the game. Feedback greatly appreciated.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

After receiving feedback, here are some initial thoughts on sorting vaults permissions/access and trying to get things organized before the EE12 update for the settlement of Forgeholm. The guidelines below are focused first on security, inventory management by each companies Crafting Coordinator (or equivalent), then by the needs of craftsmen (ease of access).

Note this is just a draft, and a starting point for me to put in writing the guidelines for the interactions between settlement members, companies, ranks, vaults, resources and similar interrelated matters.

Feedback welcome, and I hope some people find these discussions helpful and informative. smile

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Forgeholm EE11.6 Vault Access & Resource Management Guidelines v1

Vault Organization & Access

Settlement level access, by rank:

Access for all settlement members is granted by rank, player contribution to the settlement, and at the discretion of the settlement and banner companies leadership. Each Banner Company will establish its own guidelines for its members with regards to company vaults (unsecured and secured), for trading with other companies, and for providing for the settlements crafting needs.
The information below is prioritized by the needs of security, inventory management, and craftsmen access.

Recruit: This provisional rank is for new members with less than 30 days playing time, and is limited to depositing items.

Solider: This rank is for active members with non-Freeholder and Expert skill focusses; access is limited to depositing items, to the withdrawing from the settlement unsecured vault.

Craftsman: This rank is for the active Freeholders and Experts, with full access to the settlement unsecured vault, and limited access to the settlement secure vault. Promotion to this rank requires the player keep his PCs Freeholder/Expert ranks updated on the DOTNM Character Roster thread (link pending), be in active part in meeting the settlements refining/crafting needs as publicly indicated by the Crafting Coordinator, and to be active on the forums/voice coms.

Officer & Leader: These ranks are for each companies’ leadership, with full access to the vaults.

In addition, at least one Officer or Leader per company will be designated the “Crafting Coordinator” and will be responsible for managing the inventory, delivery, acquisition, trade, selling and storage of the resources needed by their companies’ craftsmen and the company unsecured and secured vaults.

Vault Types

Settlement Unsecured: for T1 resources to be shared by all settlement members, and when resources need to be exchanged from one company to another company by non-leadership members who are offline.

Settlement Secured: for T1+, T2 and T3 resources to be managed in coordination by each companies Crafting Coordinator.

Settlement Upkeep: T3 resources to be managed by the Forgemaster (settlement Crafting Coordinator).

Vault Resources

Resources refers to all materials gathered from nodes, escalations, and Holdings/Outposts such as weapons, armor, gear, implements, spells, maneuvers, recipes, Victory Markers and Bulk Resources.

T1 (Ranks 1-6) = T1 raw materials and/or items crafted by T1 Freeholders/Experts.

T1+ = While technically a T1 resource in-game, they are considered to be T2 due to their rarity and/or high demands. Example include: Coal, Hemp, Wools and Pelts.

T2 (Ranks 7-13) = T2 raw materials and/or items crafted by T2 Freeholders/Experts.

T3 (Ranks 14-20) = Victory Markers, Bulk Resources, T3 raw materials located in Lion/Castle hexes and/or items crafted by T3 Freeholders/Experts.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Decius
Principles:
You may at some point want to accept a banner company before you totally trust their leader.
You want to be able to asynchronously move stuff around.
Giorgio
Besides Decius (thanks), is there anyone else who can provide some ideas on the questions above?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Kenton Stone
F.Y.I. This is the setup I use in Aragon
Recruits have a 30 day waiting period to get promoted to Soldier and present themselves in voice chat for a meet and greet.
Company
Deposit View Craft Withdraw
Company Recruit x x o o
Company Soldier x x x x
Company Craftsman x x x x
Company Officer x x x x
Company Leader x x x x

Company Secure

Company Recruit x o o o
Company Soldier x x o o
Company Craftsman x x o o
Company Officer x x x x
Company Leader x x x x

Holding Secure

Company Recruit x o o o
Company Soldier x o o o
Company Craftsman x o o o
Company Officer x x x x
Company Leader x x x x

Settlement

Banner Company Recruit x x o o
Banner Company Soldier x x o o
Banner Company Craftsman x x x o
Banner Company Officer x x x x
Banner Company Leader x x x x
—————————————————–
Founding Company Recruit x x o o
Founding Company Soldier x x x x
Founding Company Craftsman x x x x
Founding Company Officer x x x x
Founding Company Leader x x x x

Settlement Upkeep

Banner Company Recruit x o o o
Banner Company Soldier x o o o
Banner Company Craftsman x o o o
Banner Company Officer x o o o
Banner Company Leader x o o o
—————————————————–
Founding Company Recruit x o o o
Founding Company Soldier x o o o
Founding Company Craftsman x o o o
Founding Company Officer x x x x
Founding Company Leader x x x x

We use the settlement vault for fulfilling crafting requests between companies and leave only a minor amount of resources for refining and crafting common Items.

P.S. Sorry all the formatting was lost
Giorgio
Anyone else have any feedback? I working on the second draft of my post to also incorporate DOTNM Forums info, more ideas welcome.  smile

@Kenton Stone,
Thanks for the table, I will study it later while I am working on the permissions part of my next post.

When you state "leave only a minor amount of resources for refining and crafting common Items", is that a fix amount of units (say 250 or 500 units of each material) or a variable amount (by tier, rarity, demand..)?

Flari-Merchant
-I would advise that you keep some stuff for yourself, to yourself.
-If you are going to restrict access to any crafting stockpiles, best to have a few with permissions to access. You will only frustrate your Guild/Settlement Mates otherwise.
-If you want to have citizens "taxed" or "donate" then you should keep that separate, try and have specific goals about what you want(purpose) in such vaults, and make sure the others know what those goals are.

Edit: Oh and if it is about being a control freak(looks at self in mirror), think hard about that before you lay out the procedures. Keep it in low gear or you might lose good members.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Any chance of getting "settlement" or "company" level vaults, for allies, in player settlements?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
@Bringslite,

Trying to find a balance between competing interests (security, access, crafting, logistics… ) is why I am doing research now, and starting off with something hopefully simple/basic; then as time goes by more complexity/specifics can be introduced as my settlements population grows. smile

Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
@ Bob

Any chance of getting "settlement" or "company" level vaults, for allies, in player settlements?

I haven't tested it out yet, but when granting permission to someone to bank in your settlement and at your holdings, you're also granting that person permission to access their company vaults at those locations.

Settlement vault access at multiple locations would be trickier to add, so we didn't really explore that. I'll file a feature request to look into it when we can.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
@ Bob

I haven't tested it out yet, but when granting permission to someone to bank in your settlement and at your holdings, you're also granting that person permission to access their company vaults at those locations.

Settlement vault access at multiple locations would be trickier to add, so we didn't really explore that. I'll file a feature request to look into it when we can.
Thanks Bob!
uotopia@msn.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post