Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Fix Your Pricing Model

New Guy
An honest opinion here. Your roadmap does not have enough features in it to keep any descent number of new players interested in staying after trying. I am not trying to be trollish here. I do hope for the best for the game and all of your players. It simply isn't developed enough to be worth $14.95/month now and even with your roadmap totally completed, it won't be then. Not even as a niche title. The general public will see this when they try the game.

You do have a small team and you are trying. That deserves a thumbs up. To make this game have a better chance, you will need to change your revenue model more than adding a few items to your cash shop.

Go Free To Play or Buy To Play at a very low buy in.
Allow players to subscribe for $14.95/month and for that, allow those customers enough of your planned Azoth to spend on 1 month's training. Allow All players to gain exp at the same rate but fix things so that they must use Azoth at the various trainers to spend the exp.
    With the competitive market and entitlement driven society, you need to lower the entry barrier.
    Your world will be more full. Players will see other players occasionally. They will interact and that sparks Content.
    People playing for free will see those exp piling up and be tempted to buy Azoth.
    Every exp spent in the game will still be bought and sold through your cash shop.

This may require that you change how your company and influence system works but Do You Want to Succeed or Fail? If you can't do what I am suggesting or something similar, I alternatively suggest that you go for a 2 year roadmap. Time to help you get the game into the shape needed to be worth paying for.

Thank you for reading. Best Wishes!
Azure_Zero
New Guy
…..
….!

Uh, we have many examples of where something went Free To Play and was worse for it.
Evolve comes to mind foremost out of the list.
Flari-Merchant
I am not positive whether GW relies on the current monthly revenue, but they most likely do. They need to INCREASE the gross intake, not take a risk of losing most of it.
Yeah the game does need much work, but they are doing something finally. Not that I agree with all of it.
There is also the problem that FTP accounts will get spammed again causing all sorts of problems for the mechanics.

What do you do about all of the past revenue that was paid in? What does any game do about that when going FTP?
New Guy
Azure_Zero
New Guy
…..
….!

Uh, we have many examples of where something went Free To Play and was worse for it.
Evolve comes to mind foremost out of the list.
I have not heard of Evolve but can take your word for it.

Many games offer a free to play model and go bad because of their cash shop and pay-to-win abuse. That is in the Developer's hands usually to F up or do right. I have to wonder what the ratio of games that went free to play or buy to play and are still around and financially viable for the owners is compared to small indie subscription games that never grew or completely failed.

If this game is worth $14.95/month where are the subscribers? Do you think that the presented roadmap will be enough to make a large difference in value, I mean large enough?
Azure_Zero
Most subbers disappeared when they announced the layoffs over a year ago.
Decius
As I understand it, the current subscriber base is enough to keep the lights on.

Making azoth a resources that is consumed when spending exp interacts poorly with edge cases by providing a concrete advantage to characters who were created much earlier over new characters- the ability to buy old characters is already problematic now, when the sun had to have been prepaid.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Wouldn't mind if the sub was lowered tho, of course I agree free to play is a terrible idea for this game. I have seen very few games that go ftp that don't become p2w.

Guild Wars 2 is a notable exception, but in the memo world it is an exception not the rule. Look at Archeage as another example if you like.

I would think this game in its current state would be worth lower than $15 I will not lie. However, sadly I can't think of another model that would work with the mechanics best AND not be p2w.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Duffy Swiftshadow
That's just a complex bait and switch. If someone can't really progress without paying the equivalent of the sub what you're really asking for is some sort of capped low tier option like what EVE currently has. Which means the game is still really a sub based game unless you can 'grind' enough coin for the Azoth stuff, which again is a good solution itself for sub costs based on EVE's business model.

The low level account isn't a bad idea itself, but it would require tweaking some mechanics to avoid abuse and you need to curb players leveling accounts up to some limited specific goal then turning off the XP while they reap the benefits of the training forever, which translates to no sub = capped abilities.
Flari-Merchant
Totally off topic here but I sure would love being able to buy and use some Azoth for the "Third Wheel" of some of my accounts.
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite of Staalgard
Totally off topic here but I sure would love being able to buy and use some Azoth for the "Third Wheel" of some of my accounts.

Yep, I definitely agree with this.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post