Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Fix Your Pricing Model

Edam
Bringslite of Staalgard
Are incoming players going to be able to get their "piece of heaven" land plot(really a major/important draw for this game) within a reasonable amount of time after they start playing? Will the "how to's" of what they need to do be ready to lay out in front of them?

I find that idea a bit ludicrous.

Where is the room on the map for 20,000 plus players all to have their own settlement or put down company/holdings.

The idea some people seem to have that individual players and/or small groups of 4 or 5 friends in a company should be able to capture and run settlements is just unworkable. Sure it can be done now but to make that an expectation of future new players is counter productive.

Of course one new player with the political smarts to get multiple large groups behind him … that is a different situation.

Bandit hideouts and player housing … now that is workable.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bringslite of Staalgard
Are incoming players going to be able to get their "piece of heaven" land plot(really a major/important draw for this game) within a reasonable amount of time after they start playing? Will the "how to's" of what they need to do be ready to lay out in front of them?

I find that idea a bit ludicrous.

Where is the room on the map for 20,000 plus players all to have their own settlement or put down company/holdings.

The idea some people seem to have that individual players and/or small groups of 4 or 5 friends in a company should be able to capture and run settlements is just unworkable. Sure it can be done now but to make that an expectation of future new players is counter productive.

Of course one new player with the political smarts to get multiple large groups behind him … that is a different situation.

Bandit hideouts and player housing … now that is workable.
Why would you assume that I feel that The Three Amigos should expect to be able to form a settlement for just themselves?

I will assume that most will expect that they need to learn the ropes by joining a settlement for a bit or maybe not, get some likeminded individuals organized, maybe get whatever materials together they will need for a startup position.
I expect that "some" will want and expect to be able to do something like the above by the time that they outgrow Thorn Keep.
Having/getting/building on territory of your own is a major draw and expectation for a game like PfO. I find it a bit ludicrous to assume that they won't want and expect to be able to do something like that. Are we so out of touch in our little under populated world that we don't think that new players should be able to do things that we have done, even if they will have to do it in a much more difficult fashion than we did?
Tyncale
It looks like New Guy and Lisa and Bob are on the same page with how Azoth works, and I agree with this move also.

The trick seems to be to bring the Whales and FTP players thogether through Azoth. I hate grinding for coin and would probably pay for extra Azoth so that I can buy Gold from FTP players who can then sub for "free" and get their XP.

You indeed need a population to kickstart the Azoth economy, that's for sure, but I have a lot of faith in how many are willing to pay RL dollars to avoid grinds, and how many are willing to do the grind so they can avoid paying RL dollars.

The fact that this is a PvP game where resources are kinda finite and have to be transported to where they are needed will hopefully offset any extreme Pay to Win scenarios where some superwhale just keeps buying up coin (with Azoth) in hopes of forever being able to defend his town. Influence could play a role here too since Influence can't really be bought. Well, maybe it can if you pay Azoth to your members.

Will the need for coin be so high that enough Azoth will be infused into the Economy by Whales? That is the big question. It's cool that Azoth can be used for crafting also, but those Azoth will never find their way to FTP players: and for me that seems to be the most important function. Note: coin may not be in high demand right now but imo that has to do with the current lopsided situation where a few hardcores have been able to hoard and grind for years in relative safety. And many coinsinks not working as intended yet.

Grinding for coin in a populated PvP world also could be a dangerous proposition so there mayb be less FTP players who are willing to do this.

Anyway, I think Azoth are a step in the right direction.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Decius
I'll be willing to speculate on the Azoth market, and make it more liquid. If there aren't any buyers then sellers won't be happy with the market clearing price or volume.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post