Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Blacklists

Mistwalker
I am not seeing anything that Bob said to indicate that blacklisted characters could not access the bank - the rest of the player made buildings and training, yes, but not banks.

Was that the intention Bob, to restrict access to the banks?
Duffy Swiftshadow
From the Roadmap:
Give Settlements more control over who can use their facilities (bank, auction house, crafting queues and trainers), including those in alliances and those on blacklists.

I assume that means no access, but I do not know for sure, hence why I asked what blacklisting exactly does.
Smitty
Think it is worded that way in the road map mistwalker. Although this thread did say it was about commands.. and another would follow with what a blacklist would limit.

Edit
Nm Duffy linked..
Am curios if all black listing will be manual. Or if during feuds.. a system will auto list players involved for the duration of the feud.. if so at what levels..

If not all manual entries and the act of feuding populated the list will it also blacklist folks during raids.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well, maybe I was mistaken on that. Still, maybe that could be fun. Though maybe instead of cut off from all bank use, maybe a tax? Small amount of coin per use at some max cap (so it doesn't get stupid like 5g per use)?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
Mistwalker
I am not seeing anything that Bob said to indicate that blacklisted characters could not access the bank - the rest of the player made buildings and training, yes, but not banks.

Was that the intention Bob, to restrict access to the banks?

Frankly, I hope it does include bank access. If I'm on your blacklist, I should not be able to raid your holdings, attack and loot your settlement members, or strip mine your claims, and then waltz into YOUR settlement to make a nice, safe deposit of my ill-gotten gains. There are meant to be repercussions to how we act in game, I see not allowing those with ill-will towards you to bank in your settlement as a useful one.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Also, on the whole seeing everyones blacklistings, well that takes away some of the social and diplomacy aspects don't it? Really it wouldn't be that hard to just ask for a screenshot of it but that then assumes you got a good working relationship with the guy you are asking or demanding it as proof cause ya don't trust em.

Course, there are also valid reasons not to show the entire blacklist too so that makes for more intrigue and stuff. That's really IMO one of the biggest draws, the intrigue, the wheeling and dealing and how you gotta actually talk to folks. Free Intel mechanics stiffles that, not to mention the privacy issues that come with it lol.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Edam
I can see both sides of the bank issue. Lore-wise the Bank of Abadar is not run by the players so it could still be accessible, Abadar willing, however its also possible the Bank decides to go along with local municipal bylaws and bans.

As for publicising the blacklist perhaps that could be optional with two settings … "blacklisted" for minor infractions not public and "public enemy" for blacklisted characters you want to announce to the world.
Midnight
Decius
You are a Troll
Decius
Because politics, that's why. I'd like to know exactly how much aggro I'm likely to draw by selling +5 library training to both sides of most conflicts.

You are going to need to wheedle, bargain, cajole and steal that info in some way other than the game simply telling you.

If nobody draws any agrro for offering training to griefercorp (because nobody can tell) than griefercorp always has access to training somewhere, and people who want to make that a meaningful choice cannot.

Yes, it is called localizing where power resides. Decius doesn't get to globally bully the planet into blacklisting [insert villain] and have instant access to infallible intel on any dissidents to the true Decius way who haven't joined his blacklist crusade. It's bad enough that there currently aren't any limits to military force projection, but giving the game's control freaks no limits on global intel would be even sadder.

You get to run YOUR settlement. You get to publicly and privately suggest what others should do. Giving you infallible intel on who obeys your global edicts would be a horrible mistake.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Bringslite of Staalgard
Finally options other than WAR(not much fun yet and heavy handed), Shaking a pointer finger and declaring: "KOS!"(useless….)!

+10 Guys!

Edit: I forgot an end to the frustration of seeing a gang you dislike banking on your own turf.

Hmm, I was just thinking that being blacklisted by Settlement A means that Settlement A no longer serves any purpose for me, and thus no longer deserves to exist, and should be sieged.

I understand that control freaks want control and this definitely gives it, but I doubt this actually does anything to de-escalate conflicts, it will be just like the other ultimatums currently in use, except it requires a lot less effort from the issuer of this particular type of ultimatum. Blacklisting is the lazy man's ultimatum.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Hobson Fiffledown
*finds partially decomposed horse in a token that says it will be a bag of holding one day*

Any longer-term thoughts regarding the reinstatement of the Bluff feat as a possible countermeasure to blacklisting?
As an added bonus, I would finally stop asking you to bring back the Bluff feat. smile
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post