Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Mumble Client Stops Transmitting While Alpha is Running

Jokken
So I've run into a rather unique issue with Alpha. My mumble client operates great when using other applications. However, when running the PFO Alpha Client my Mumble Client randomly stops transmitting in any "talk mode". The time before transmission stops working is random and can be anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Running the mumble audio wizard allows the client to begin transmitting again, but it will stop again after a very short period. When the PFO Alpha Client is not running Mumble works fine with absolutely any other application. Uninstalling and re installing both clients does not change the issue. I am the only member of my guild who is having this issue, so it is likely hardware specific. I know my hardware is more than antiquated by common standards, but it's still running other semi-recent games great. I've included hardware specifics below. Any suggestions or hypothesis are welcomed. smile

Mobo: Asus P5QL
Processor: Dual Core 3.0 ghz E8400
Ram: 6 GB DD2
Video Card: Asus nVidia GTX 560 TI
Headset: Logitech USB Headset
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Jokken
Operating System is Window 7.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Nihimon
I expect the most important piece of information will be your Sound Card and its driver version.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Jokken
Sound is integrated with ASUS Motherboard. ASUS P5QL PRO

Audio Driver: Realtek HD Audio Driver v6.0.1.5859 for Windows 32/64bit Vista &32/64bit 7.(WHQL)
Valkenr
Run mumble as an administrator.

Some programs like to take control of audio devices, running the as an administrator insures that they cannot be exclusively controlled by a single application.
Jokken
Valkenr Darkaal
Run mumble as an administrator.

Some programs like to take control of audio devices, running the as an administrator insures that they cannot be exclusively controlled by a single application.
Sadly, I've already gotten that far. I always run Mumble as admin as it is known to have issue if you do not.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post