Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A Little Something For Your Trouble

Bob
Edam
Have you considered offering a 3 month sub option ?

I don't think the topic's really come up. It wouldn't be tremendously difficult to add that option, but there'd definitely be some work involved, so it'd have to be something that met a need for quite a few players (and potential players). There are also potential issues with offering too many choices, so some thought would have to be put into that as well.
Edam
Bob
Edam
Have you considered offering a 3 month sub option ?

I don't think the topic's really come up. It wouldn't be tremendously difficult to add that option, but there'd definitely be some work involved, so it'd have to be something that met a need for quite a few players (and potential players). There are also potential issues with offering too many choices, so some thought would have to be put into that as well.

OK, well personally, in terms of a shop option at least, there are situations where I would use the 3 month option even if it offered a minimal discount.
Millie
haven't had to mess around with subscription page for a while..
MIllie here- got a message her account was going inactive on the log in splash screen when she logged in
(not a surprise a couple of my accounts got the message and I knew it was coming)..

Yet …
Yhe inactive date of her account states it to be 4-30-2017 when i logged in her character to the website.

I click account -

top portion states
character is earning xp
you can log in and play
we were unable to charge credit card- please adjust billing below..

IN billing I

I add a payment method- clicked 6 month - hit save
get message that account will be re-billed semi annually on 4-25-17. using card xxxx.
( today is 4-28??)
Suspend area still reads sub ends on 4-30-17.. AND I Go back to account overview page-
It still reads account going inactive 4-30-17
Confusion - Ensues..
Will this account be charged tomorrow? Or before 4-30-17?
I thought by entering the rebill info it would just rebill and set me up for 6 months. It doesn't looked like it worked or perhaps it only tries to bill at down time?
Just curious if , this is a cant process the same day type thing? Or Should i just check it Saturday and Sunday and only worry about it if it goes inactive on 4-30-17 and then try to set it back up?
Bob
Rebilling on an active account only occurs during downtime, so any payment information and subscription settings added today wouldn't actually result in a charge until tomorrow morning (Pacific). The wording to the effect that we weren't able to bill you and please adjust your settings can unfortunately show up misleadingly if you update your subscription during the 5 day window between when we usually bill you and when your account goes inactive, but will go away after billing occurs during the next downtime. We've got a bug report filed to make the messaging there much clearer.

If an expected payment doesn't go through, send an email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and we'll look into it.
Bob
Alternatively, whenever you're worried about an automatic billing not going through in time, you can always purchase time manually from the store. If you do that, then the automatic billing system won't charge you again because you'll already have at least 1 month of game time available on your account when it checks to see whether or not to bill your subscription during downtime.
Smitty
Thanks Bob.. it's a i did it after downtime issue.. (pretty sure anyway).. will send email if not looking correct tomorrow after downtime.
Bob
For the small number of you who didn't just get the mass email, we've extended the 10% sale on game time through June 27.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post