Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Protected Hexes

Bob
As blinding proof of how useful posting features like this in advance is so that everyone can hash through them, it was pointed out to us that it's possible to use settlements (which can't currently be attacked until they're surrounded) as corners in an effectively impregnable collection of hexes. To get around this, we've allowed attackers to force the PvP Windows to open during the 3-day PvP period by placing sufficiently powerful siege equipment in a neighboring hex and feuding the hex's owner. To do so, righter after Daily Maintenance the neighboring hex has to have a full complement of active siege equipment (1 Siege Engine and 2 Siege Camps), the lowest Tier/Upgrade combination among the siege equipment must be at least as good as the hex's Holding (any T3 siege equipment will guarantee this for now, while T2 equipment will need to have at least the same upgrade level), and must be feuding the hex's owner. If all that is met, then the hex will run its PvP Window as long as nothing else is blocking it. This was something we were always planning to add in order to make siege equipment more useful, but now seemed like an opportune time to get it implemented and solve this problem at the same time.
Midnight
I still owe Mordant Spire a whooping. Can I siege their home hex? smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Mistwalker
When looking at vulnerabilities of settlements, some have pointed out the shield roads, and other the escalation hexes. We also need to look at the badland hexes, as you cannot put in a holding in those hexes.

A look at the map shows that the East has less vulnerable hexes than the centre and West. Below is a list of settlements with the number of hexes in the second row out from the settlement hex.

Brighthaven has 4
Phaeros has 3
Keepers has 3
Hammerfall has 2
Talonguard has 7
High Road has 7
Carpe Noctem has 7
Staalgard has 6
Aragon has 5
Mediash has 8 (highest that I have found so far)

The rest usually fall around 3 to 4.

Food for thought.

Decius
Mistwalker
When looking at vulnerabilities of settlements, some have pointed out the shield roads, and other the escalation hexes. We also need to look at the badland hexes, as you cannot put in a holding in those hexes.

A look at the map shows that the East has less vulnerable hexes than the centre and West. Below is a list of settlements with the number of hexes in the second row out from the settlement hex.

Brighthaven has 4
Phaeros has 3
Keepers has 3
Hammerfall has 2
Talonguard has 7
High Road has 7
Carpe Noctem has 7
Staalgard has 6
Aragon has 5
Mediash has 8 (highest that I have found so far)

The rest usually fall around 3 to 4.

Food for thought.
Pass hexes also cannot have holdings.
Mistwalker
Decius
Pass hexes also cannot have holdings.

Those were included in my numbers
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Seems more a North south divide than east west.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Decius
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Seems more a North south divide than east west.

It looks like the dominant thing is "Distance from roads".

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post