Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Newbie here

Galatina91
Hello everyone.
I got my account yesterday and made some tutorial quests. I read the guides (Sspitfire's amd Cheatle's) but I'm still confused about a number of things. May I ask for help? It seems to me that Pathfinder University is no longer functional… and I have quite a number of questions…
Thank you all!
Smitty
Saw your name in mumble yesterday… you were muted so didn't chat with you.
If your are there this evening I'll answer what I can… look for tuffon in mumble server if need be.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Welcome to PFO!

Don't hesitate to ask questions in the Golarion mumble or in General chat (it's global). Plenty of folks around that can answer your questions. If you see me in game don't hesitate to direclty ask any questions you have, I'll do my best to answer them. Additionally you may find the Goblinary to be of some assistance in training and planning your character.
Maxen
Welcome Galatina. One of the best things about this game is the community and I don't think it would be inaccurate to say that 99.9% of us are committed the making new players' experience the best possible. As Duffy mentioned, a shout out in the General chat channel is a great way to get the ball rolling. Many players use the Golarion Mumble and a number of alliances have their own Team Speak or other voice comms. See you in game!
Galatina91
Wondering what I have done wrong then. I'm on Mumble right now and there is only one person. Also tried to ask "is anyone there" on general chat in game and no answer. Is there any way to see how many people are online and a list of names?
I would actually be more comfortable with a chat. English is not my mother tongue and my microphone isn't really good; also my house is not well soundproofed so I must speak quietly, especially late in the night.
Thank you everyone anyway…
Duffy Swiftshadow
A lot of us hang out on our own group's voice comms most of the time and server activity picks up a lot during US evening times. There is no way to currently find people online aside from trying to whisper them, which will only work if they are in game on that character.

Edit: A help chat is actually something I can maybe help with, I'll update later.
Bob
Feel free to post questions on the forums as well, or email customer.support@goblinworks.com. You won't get quite as immediate answers those ways, but you'll usually hear back fairly soon.
Edam
The guys at Pathfinder University are still around but I doubt they have enough new players to run formal classes at the moment. The settlement however is still active.

As a new player you are probably better off joining one of the smaller independent settlements like PFU at present as ironically the small settlements tend to be more active than the bigger groups these days and are also more likely to have people out clearing the low level escalations suitable for a new player to join (the bigger groups as a rule have enough territory to just let these decay naturally).

This of course may change with EE12 when the larger alliances may well be back in force.
Flari-Merchant
Galatina91
Wondering what I have done wrong then. I'm on Mumble right now and there is only one person. Also tried to ask "is anyone there" on general chat in game and no answer. Is there any way to see how many people are online and a list of names?
I would actually be more comfortable with a chat. English is not my mother tongue and my microphone isn't really good; also my house is not well soundproofed so I must speak quietly, especially late in the night.
Thank you everyone anyway…
I am sorry to read this Galatina91. I play but not regularly. When I am on I will look for you and spend some time chatting your way. The downside for you is I am a slow typist! smile
What is your character name?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Jubal von Silberstrom
Welcome to the game Galantina. As you can probably tell from the responses you've gotten on this post there are plenty of people that are happy to help and show you around the game. But I have a question for you that might help us help you, specifically for being able to find a time to talk. What time, relative to some part of the world, are you typically on and around and able to talk/play?
Characters: Jubal von Silberstrom, Paladin of Iomedae. Realndor Rockhammer, Master Armorsmith.
Company: Grey Guard
Settlement: Greystone Keep
Come check us out at www.khaiognos.org or hang out with us in our Teamspeak, teamspeak.khaiognos.org is the address.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post