Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Prioritize Design Resources Please

Navrond
I think GW needs to take a hard look at this 'product' because as a brand new player I can say without reservation that the mark has been missed…badly.

Lets look at it from the beginning, I just shelled out 30-40-50 bucks whatever you plan to charge and created a monthly subscription to pay more yet and I log into the game to be greeted by the ugliest character models I have ever seen wrapped in beige pajamas and already sporting a leg wound…wtf! I'm wounded already, how very warhammerian of you!

I dont care how many hours of development you put into class balancing, if this game cant be cleaned up and look GOOD no one will buy it, play it, and all the goodwill of an entire gaming community will have been squandered. I just got an email asking me to share info and screenshots from PFO…Screenshots?!? for real? If I was GW top brass I would be pulling this product back in house for some major cosmetic overhaul, GW is harming their brand right now because the alpha is not only unplayable but ugly as well, not where you want your 'crowdsourcing' to start…

I keep seeing news that makes it sound like you actually plan to release this as EE…its all grey, you've got about 15% of the models, textures, and environmental details you need. Dont get discouraged GW, I believe in you! Just remember those lattes your drinking are being bought with kickstarter dollars and no one kicked in for what I'm seeing now. Chin up, you've got your work cut out for you.
SDShannonS
It sounds like alpha might not be the right stage for you to enter the game. Clearly high-quality graphics are very important to you so consider rejoining us further down the development road, perhaps at Open Enrollment, when things may have a more polished appearance.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP 1
32 GB RAM
Dual Crossfire'd AMD Radeon R9 200 video cards
Edam
I am actually opposed to high graphics games as they give a substantial advantage to players with money to waste on high end PCs and lock out players with laptops and older PCs. Plus games that focus on panoramic scenery and impressively gory cut scenes as a rule tend to be content free.

Graphics are not what attracted me, what I look for is a challenging game play and a community that is vibrant and interested in creating a world of their own making (rather than just indulging in ganking and treating gaming as a means of scoring a real life date).
JoJampa
When I first created my character, my first thought was that she had RBF .. and then after playing for a few hours I noticed that it didn't matter .. what really mattered were the game mechanics. And those still need some tweaking but the game is close to MVP ..

**RBF .. Resting B Face …
Calistin
While I think gameplay is a must unlike many I think graphics are important to, in this day and age there is no reason to have graphics that scale to high end pc without locking out lower end pc. Lower graphic setting in the option menu should cater to low end pc and laptops while the fantastic setting should cater to higher end pc.

First thing I thought when I say my elf woman was, "my god she is fugly and bow legged to boot!" I do not care for cut scenes but love to see nice views in my exploration of the realms.
I blame Shade…….
Edam
Calistin
While I think gameplay is a must unlike many I think graphics are important to, in this day and age there is no reason to have graphics that scale to high end pc without locking out lower end pc. Lower graphic setting in the option menu should cater to low end pc and laptops while the fantastic setting should cater to higher end pc.

Unfortunately what really happens is people with low end pcs wind teh graphics right up then biatch on forums when it does not work.

Also - super high end graphics that have good FPS and minimal bugs = huge development budghet.
Nautix7
The graphics don't generally get "added" until later on in alpha and beta, sometimes certain effects get added just before release. I can say though that one of my disappointments so far though is they don't resemble the Pathfinder games in the human/elf designs at all. Dwarves are easy, just make them hairy! smile

Aside from that, I noticed when I first turned it on that my computer had the game on the Fastest settings, once I changed it to the better graphic options, the game did look much nicer while still quite playable on highest settings on a GTX470.

The graphics will come. I am more interested in seeing some animation improvements in characters so the combat and movement seem and feel more fluid. It also feels quite awkward to have the character jump to twice their height and stay in air for what it feels a long time.
Ryan Dancey
@Nautix7 - it is very interesting that you say that. Our team has worked incredibly hard with Paizo to ensure that the models for all the characters represent the visual style they want for the game. The amount of time spent on meeting discussing things like elf ears, for example, has been extraordinary.

Do you have some specific examples of where you think the graphics vary from the iconics and other reference art for the brand?
Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
Our team has worked incredibly hard with Paizo to ensure that the models for all the characters represent the visual style they want for the game.

Understanding this is (part of) what's made it so easy for me to accept the appearance of Elves in PFO. My personal preference is for the Tolkien Elf, but more beautiful. But I've really embraced the Pathfinder Elf (and spent a lot of time making sure I know myself well enough to understand why smile )
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nautix7
Ryan Dancey
@Nautix7 - it is very interesting that you say that. Our team has worked incredibly hard with Paizo to ensure that the models for all the characters represent the visual style they want for the game. The amount of time spent on meeting discussing things like elf ears, for example, has been extraordinary.

Do you have some specific examples of where you think the graphics vary from the iconics and other reference art for the brand?

The place the designs really stick out as different, for me at least are the faces. The sorceress and cleric for example (Seoni and Kyra - Seoni I believe is featured in the trailer as well). The character facial designs are MUCH more complicated in game now than the actual graphics that initially attracted me to the game. I do realize that their designs are simpler than the current in game ones. They don't seem to be extremely off, just that they could possibly be even simpler than they are now. (I know weird thing to mention heh.)

Dwarves I can certainly agree are a fitting match to what I expected.

The art in general is very close to what attracted me to the Pathfinder franchise over others in the first place, just as mentioned above, the faces might be somewhat more complex than the iconic art. But then I do prefer a more cartoonish approach to games.

I apologize if the explanation is somewhat vague, but trying to explain it as good as I can while not being logged in and with the character in front of me.

PS. After reading my comment that you replied to, I realized that I expressed it as "do not resemble at all". I apologize as this is not actually my point of view. There definitely should be more proofreading on my part more often then I normally do! smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post