Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

When can we expect combat balance changes/un-nerfing?

Decius
On the subject of area effects, I notice that wolves in particular tend to not get hit by melee blast attacks, like Cleave, even when they should be.
Edam
A couple of points.

1. - Whirlwind alternated with Firewhirl still lets you spam AoEs with a longsword
  2. - the archer longbow nerf did cause a lot of grief and many people unsubbed their archers or changed them into crafters (my archer is now a T3 bowyer weaver). However changing them back now would no longer help as high alpha characters using things like longbow and longsword are very effective against low level mobs but not that good against T3 stuff, you need stacks. Whilst you CAN build a longbow archer that applies bleed/afflicted/burning the longbow is simply too slow to do this effectively
Fiery
I think the longbow's range offers a level of strategy not available to weapons of a shorter range that warrants not being as strong shot-for-shot, and that would be useful should the ranged changes be reverted.
Jakaal
Edam
Whilst you CAN build a longbow archer that applies bleed/afflicted/burning the longbow is simply too slow to do this effectively

Maybe that is a point of rebalance when it happens? In addition to doing more alpha, since they are so slow, longbow attacks apply larger stacks at a time? I would expect to have the alpha lower to not swing longbow to powerful but to your point, higher end fights are about stacking debuffs and adding a trickle every 2-3 seconds is much less effective than faster weapons. If a longbow can put the same amount of bleeds in one attack that faster weapons do in several, I don't know if that would unbalance things?
MidniteArrow
Heavy armor should resist most of shortbow attacks, and do very little for longbows.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
The Eternal Balance
(Unfortunately?) This isn't 1e with penalties and pluses to differing ACs.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
MidniteArrow
Encumbrance and physical resist seem to disagree with you.

Shortbow attacks should do all physical and do quick attacks with low damage, and people in heavy armor should be mostly unaffected by them. "I can't catch you, you can't kill me"

Longbow attacks should all have a lot of penetrating, mostly ignoring physical resist.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Flari-Merchant
My overall concern with the whole combat system(besides all of the singular broken parts) is that many combinations have too many steps to them and require too much… preparation to feel fluid and dynamic. So of course they feel clunky, too involved to deliver reliably, and just non impactful in many(or most) cases of PVP.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
MidniteArrow
Encumbrance and physical resist seem to disagree with you.

Shortbow attacks should do all physical and do quick attacks with low damage, and people in heavy armor should be mostly unaffected by them. "I can't catch you, you can't kill me"

Longbow attacks should all have a lot of penetrating, mostly ignoring physical resist.

I would like to see differences clearly between Bodkin and Broadhead arrows for some of this kind of thing.

EDIT: If it could be somehow practical to swap ammo types during combat festivities it would be great too and not just for archers…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Decius
I'd really like to see some more variation in base damage, damage factor, and resists so that the interplay between damage and resistance made hitting enemies in a weak defense more important than using the highest DF.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post