Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

When can we expect combat balance changes/un-nerfing?

Fiery
Wisdom 30
Decius
Edam
Glory Domain and Healer armor both need Dex 30 at maximum.

Decius
There's only a handful of cross-class feat combinations that are worth slotting even if you already have all the feats. Wizard masteries are one edge case where something that applies a lot when your attacks apply a little are the only ones that come to mind.

You need to explore cross class options more smile A cleric with a focus can get maximum bleed/afflicted/burning with the right cross classing. Takes about twice as long as a rogue to do it but they get there. There are also heaps of non clerics around that use focus as a second weapon (ranged wizards, rogues, fighters) or wear healer armor for the saves and regen. There are archers wearing evangelist because of the nerfed archer armor. I could list more .. but trade secrets you now smile
A rogue with the right wizard feats gets all three DoT effects up.

Or they can get the stacks of death (Afflicted, Slowed, Drained, Frightened) up. Either/or.
Edam
Fiery
Wisdom 30

aye … my bad. Glory and healer need WIS not DEX .

DEX 30 is needed to max the reflex-bonus/lightning-reflexes

Note that it is true that you can get almost there with stats at 26 but if we are theory crafting an edge case it is important to recognise that at this stage of the game it is only achievable on the test server. People will not be getting to that point on live for a fair while yet.

Certainly not Edam, with DEX 14 and WIS 22 he has an awful long way to go yet. I think his best unbuffed save is around 230 somewhere, nowhere near 350.
Fiery
You only need dex 16 to Max reflex bonus, and lightning reflexes don't have q requirement. My cleric is over 250 unbuffed - though I agree with others that it isn't a huge deal. It has counters.
Fiery
You only need dex 16 to Max reflex bonus, and lightning reflexes don't have q requirement. My cleric is over 250 unbuffed - though I agree with others that it isn't a huge deal. It has counters.
Edam
Fiery

ah my bad .. I am closer than I thought. Not sure why I was thinking DEX 30

Edam is a crafter/T3 miner that runs escalations on the side when occasional opportunities arise though so he is far from combat optimised. He is still an awful long way off the numbers people are throwing around in this thread.
Gross
Hmm - shows the gap between combat toons and the rest gets really vast at the top of T3, should be no surprise I guess.

250 unbuffed, my T3 gatherer / T3 cleric is even lower than Edam and so has 55 divine attack with T3 focus - as a result he will only hit for full effect with the reflex targeting orisons a tiny 8.7% of the time when he is unbuffed, I would need to be next to a wizard maintaining energetic field and using aid expendables to expect to hit full impact at all regularly….

350 buffed would always some degree of miss, over the missed by 200+ mark on a roll of 1-95 so something like 10 or 11% of the time…. so running into an ongoing contact without stopping to buff against combat toons would be without purpose!
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post