Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Developer Spreadsheets - Public Share

Tyncale
Stephen Cheney
Also note that Adamantine for weapons is a minor keyword, primarily used for bypassing creature DR once we get that in, while it's a major keyword actually used by armor feats for armor.

Have you ever thought by yourself "I wish we never had done the Keyword-thing?"

I do. I honestly don't think that any amount of Guides, Manuals, descriptions or mouse-overs are going to make understanding these systems newbie-friendly.

I have been thinking about a system where the whole keyword-thing goes under the hood and instead people only see a description of the upgrade (to whatever stat) they get when they equip that in a slot, but unfortunately an upgrade is determined by two factors: the item, and the level of the skill.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
deisum
I'm fairly certain most of the relevant info can be conveyed by dynamic mouse-over windows. Currently it's incredibly difficult to keep all the relevant information in ones head as to what feats keywords match what equipment keywords, but with a mouse-over that explicitly tells you how well an item matches your slotted (& unslotted) feats, I think the whole system will become much more usable.

I'm all for a Character Info spreadsheet & an Equipment Info spreadsheet. And while you're at it, can you rename them to something that implies they're (intended to be) canonical? 'Copy of PFO Wiki' doesn't really inspire confidence in the source.

Also, purely from an information security standpoint, having them owned by a player is potential problem.
Gog
I'm a little unclear on why the devs don't make their version of the document public, but I have no complaints or concerns about Nihimon acting as relay.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Stephen was having trouble setting the permissions the way he wanted, and felt it easier to give up and just give specific permission to one or two people that request it. He's said in the past to send him a message if you have a reason you'd like to access it directly.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
Guurzak
I'm a little unclear on why the devs don't make their version of the document public, but I have no complaints or concerns about Nihimon acting as relay.

One of Stephen's requirements is that he not be maintaining a public-facing document. I'm not the only one who has access.

deisum
'Copy of PFO Wiki' doesn't really inspire confidence in the source.

It's "Copy of PFO Wiki - Official Data" because it's a copy of "PFO Wiki - Official Data" and that's the default name Google Docs gives it when I click "Make a copy". I think it's important for folks to understand it's a copy of the official data, and I don't see much benefit in renaming it. I expect there will eventually be a number of tools based on the data, and that they'll be generally available on the web. Once enough of those have had time to develop, I expect folks won't be looking at the copy anymore.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Stephen Cheney
Yeah, I basically just don't want us to be the public source (with the commensurate pressure to format the raw data in a way that is useful to everyone). By training people to go to sites maintained by players, if you want the data formatted in a particular way, you can either ask one of those sites to tweak their presentation of the data to suit you, or start your own site for the data if you think your particular visualization would be helpful to others.

The process for gaining access is to PM or email me with a message explaining what site you want to present the data on (and what user ID your request for access will come from) and then send the request for access once I reply and say that's acceptable. I don't want to give out access purely for individual use and I just trash all blind requests for access. But I'm happy to add more users that have an intention to provide the information to other players in a format or venue that isn't currently available.
deisum
That's awesome news. Expect an email shortly.
Nihimon
Stephen,

Currently, Multi-Shot has Conditional Effects "Base Damage +10 with Flat-Footed, Slowed 20 to All Targets with Flat-Footed, Penetrating with Flat-Footed".

The "with Flat-Footed" is throwing me off. I would think it would be "if Target is Flat-Footed".
Stephen Cheney
The consequence of the way the spreadsheet handles conditionals for AoEs is that it can either say:

Base Damage +10 with Flat-Footed, Slowed 20 to All Targets with Flat-Footed, Penetrating with Flat-Footed

or

Base Damage +10 if Target is Flat-Footed, Slowed 20 to All Targets if Target is Flat-Footed, Penetrating if Target is Flat-Footed

That is, it's a relatively simple rule that switches conditional effects from "this is single target, so use the single target phrasing" to "this is an AoE, so use the AoE phrasing" and that doesn't always look perfect for the misc effects that aren't actually to target. I could possibly put in special casing for it, but it seems likely to risk further errors… so since it actually seems to parse correctly for the code that way, I'm inclined to not risk it smile .
Nihimon
Stephen Cheney
I'm inclined to not risk it…

Wouldn't dream of asking you to! I've always felt it's my responsibility to parse it the way you provide it.

I think I understand that Feats that include an AoE Template treat "to All Targets" as a given.

Can you verify that there aren't any Active Feats that have "with <Weapon>"? I'm using a fairly simple Regular Expression to break out the various parts of an Effect description rather than actually testing whether the word after "with" is a weapon or a State. I think "with <Weapon>" doesn't make sense on Active Feats, but will go ahead and do it the other way if you tell me that might happen.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post