Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Developer Spreadsheets - Public Share

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Lee Hammock
I added a page for the bulk resource ratings of all the hexes currently in game. Also cleaned up some excess lines from the recently added sheets to save on file size.
Lee, I was under the impression that a hex that touches a crater would have a slightly higher resource rating because there would be a bonus as though there were a theoretical 7th "ore" hex touching it. None of the hexes listed in the new page have ratings that are different than any of the others. Am I missing a "down adjustment" for those hexes, or are crater hexes not reflected int he spreadsheet. If the later, does that mean they are not behaving as expected in the game?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Lee Hammock
It's in there. Brokenland hexes are unique in that they have all of their points in ore, so they modify neighboring hexes to have higher ore than normal. Every hex neighboring a brokenlands hex gets 180 to its ore ratings, when hexes bordering a mountain hex get get 160. All the hexes in the game have the same number of points, but those near brokenlands have more of their allotment in ore.
Nihimon
Stephen Cheney
The feats and items should be updated now as well.

And there's a new Copy.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Lee Hammock
It's in there. Brokenland hexes are unique in that they have all of their points in ore, so they modify neighboring hexes to have higher ore than normal. Every hex neighboring a brokenlands hex gets 180 to its ore ratings, when hexes bordering a mountain hex get get 160. All the hexes in the game have the same number of points, but those near brokenlands have more of their allotment in ore.
So it isn't actually a bonus, just a concentration?

I thought it was implied that those hexes would be a bonus to have nearby, but in fact, unless they are surrounded by 6 or more mines, they are actually a net loss, because you don't get any bump to the surrounding hexes for anything good or moderate that isn't ore, so they are a penalty to any surrounding hex that doesn't have exclusively mining outposts?

i.e.:
Gain 100 ore, but lose 66– of something and 33– of something else.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
I made a new Copy so it will have a date stamp later than the official data. Currently guaranteed to have all the latest official data.
Nihimon
Stephen, sorry I haven't hit you up about this sooner but I'm finally getting some time to work on my parser and I noticed something.

In the Armor worksheet, the Upgrade Keywords column used to have data like "Medium (+0), Military (+1), Flexible (+2), Supple (+3)". But now it has data like "Medium (+0), Military (+1), Flexible (+2), Supple (+3) (Standard armor weight effects: Provides 18 base Physical Resistance and 2 additional Physical Resistance per keyword matched, 5 base Energy Resi". I can cut off everything after "(+3)", but I worry that you might sneak in some +4 Keywords someday and I won't see them.

Did you intend for that extra stuff to be in the Upgrade Keywords column?
Nihimon
Lee, the Proficiencies worksheet lists "CrossBow Weapon Proficiency" with a capital "B" in the middle of the word "CrossBow".
Nihimon
Lee, the Feature Advancements worksheet entry for "Invested with Secrets" lists "Religion" as a Feat Requirement, but that's no longer in the game, or anywhere else in the spreadsheets.
Stephen Cheney
Nihimon
Stephen, sorry I haven't hit you up about this sooner but I'm finally getting some time to work on my parser and I noticed something.

In the Armor worksheet, the Upgrade Keywords column used to have data like "Medium (+0), Military (+1), Flexible (+2), Supple (+3)". But now it has data like "Medium (+0), Military (+1), Flexible (+2), Supple (+3) (Standard armor weight effects: Provides 18 base Physical Resistance and 2 additional Physical Resistance per keyword matched, 5 base Energy Resi". I can cut off everything after "(+3)", but I worry that you might sneak in some +4 Keywords someday and I won't see them.

Did you intend for that extra stuff to be in the Upgrade Keywords column?
Ah, weird. I must be doing a MID with a FIND to grab the end of the description field starting with the first keyword. Obviously, I forgot I was doing that when we added the new armor stuff at the tail end of the description. I'll try to get that fixed soon. (Though, honestly, the tooltip improvements may render that description field obsolete anyway, and it might be simpler to change its format altogether rather than fix a grab from an outdated field.)
Nihimon
Personally, just a comma-separated list of the Keywords themselves would be great. Whatever you have, I'll deal with.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post