Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So is there an option to get my money refunded?

Hollowgrin
I supported the Kickstarter and believed the GW management was competent. However, seems to me this game will never get off the ground. Can I request a refund of my KS investment? I could take the more drastic measure of just tell my credit card company to reverse the charge but I'd rather settle this in a bilateral manner.
Mistwalker
An email to customer service would likely be your best approach.

And you will likely have a chance at better results if you don't insult them with your question (or appear to insult them).
MidniteArrow
This is between you and Kickstarter.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Duffy Swiftshadow
As others have said your best bet is to try customer support.

That said I am amazed that people still don't seem to understand how Kickstarters and Early Access works. It's not a purchase it's basically a gift with the expectation that it will be spent to build whatever project. You may never get anything for it. Most of the time you get to this sort of collapse point where people might be rushing for refunds your money is spent and gone. That's how business works, the idea that they have piles of money laying around to refund everyone implies they never needed the funding in the first place.

The greatest tragedy of crowdfunding is people refusing to acknowledge what crowdfunding really is and how it works.
Giorgio
Kickstart FAQ

What do backers get in return?
Backers that support a project on Kickstarter get an inside look at the creative process, and help that project come to life. They also get to choose from a variety of unique rewards offered by the project creator. Rewards vary from project to project, but often include a copy of what is being produced (CD, DVD, book, etc.) or an experience unique to the project.
Project creators keep 100% ownership of their work, and Kickstarter cannot be used to offer equity, financial returns, or to solicit loans.

Who is responsible for completing a project as promised?
It's the project creator's responsibility to complete their project. Kickstarter is not involved in the development of the projects themselves.
Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.

What is a creator obligated to do once their project is funded?
When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers.
 At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. If a creator is absolutely unable to complete the project and fulfill rewards, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to a satisfying conclusion for their backers. For more information, see Section 4 of our Terms of Use.
For projects that launched before October 19, 2014, please see our previous Terms of Use.

Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?
No, Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds. Transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees) soon after their campaign ends.

——————————————————————————————————

People who back Kickstarters, need to know what KS is and isn't. All the information is there on the companies webpage so people can make informed choices before they back any project.

Goblinworks has delivered a game product that is active and being improved, is in communication with is backers, and being developed further for an open launch in 2018. Looks like it is fulfilling its part of the KS deal.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Demiurge
Jeezus there are some poor people play this game.

I make a years sub in about 2 hours work. You people should all get proper jobs.
Decius
You might have some luck selling your account to people who can multiply.
Demiurge
Also can I haz your miniatures ?
You are a Troll
Decius
You might have some luck selling your account to people who can multiply.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Hollowgrin
Demiurge
Jeezus there are some poor people play this game.

I make a years sub in about 2 hours work. You people should all get proper jobs.

I funded $1000 to the Kickstarter.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post