Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So is there an option to get my money refunded?

Edam
Depending what you have there you could make a fair bit back selling off parts of the package to the current player base.

I assume you have no EE day one DT accounts to sell off but those Explorer addons that convert existing normal accounts into DTs are in demand for example.
Huran
I never understood individuals who ask for refunds for kickstarter. They are not a shop where you buy things, they are an investment with perks where you have a good chance at getting a reward outlined for you.

Asking for a refund is like asking Wall Street for a refund for a bad stock investment - kinda silly.

Like others said you have a good chance at reselling your account, but I wouldn't expect a refund.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
You are a Troll
Well, at $1000 Hollowgrin likely has an Alpha account that doesn't have to pay a sub, so assuming characters were made, there IS an EE DT account sitting on 2 million+ xp just waiting to be played!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Demiurge
Jeezus there are some poor people play this game.

I make a years sub in about 2 hours work. You people should all get proper jobs.

Well ain't you a bed of roses kid, lol.

Also I kinda doubt that job claim unless you make $90 an hour or more. It's pretty easy to lie on the internet smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
MidniteArrow
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Demiurge

I make a years sub in about 2 hours work. You people should all get proper jobs.

Also I kinda doubt that job claim unless you make $90 an hour or more. It's pretty easy to lie on the internet smile

Well, he said "about" 2 hours. So we can assume 3 hours, because people tend to exaggerate to support their claims. But, let us be conservative, and assume 2.49 hours. With the 10% reduction, a year subscription is $161.40. Making that in 2.49 hours would be an hourly rate of $64.82.

I mean, it's a good salary, but it isn't great. It certainly isn't high enough to justify being a jerk.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Duffy Swiftshadow
MidniteArrow
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Demiurge

Well, he said "about" 2 hours. So we can assume 3 hours, because people tend to exaggerate to support their claims. But, let us be conservative, and assume 2.49 hours. With the 10% reduction, a year subscription is $161.40. Making that in 2.49 hours would be an hourly rate of $64.82.

I mean, it's a good salary, but it isn't great. It certainly isn't high enough to justify being a jerk.

Technically your hourly isn't your take home, so add 15-20% ish to cover deductions and taxes. So that put his salary pretty firmly in the mid $150k+ a year which in the US would put you in….the top 7% for personal income as of 2014. Probably smaller % now as the trends seem to be showing less growth in the 100-200k range since the early 2000s.

Not to knock someone for making a good living, but lets not pretend that sort of income is typically plausible for 93% of the people out there.

That all said the point stands, don't give away money you aren't willing to lose to Kickstarters or Early Access.
MidniteArrow
Well, yeah Duffy. That's valid unless you take into account human psychology. We'll try to inflate our status. Since he didn't specifically state take-home, I doubt he factored that in. So, assuming he's not lying and just humaning, I'd put his salary at ~130.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Duffy Swiftshadow
MidniteArrow
Well, yeah Duffy. That's valid unless you take into account human psychology. We'll try to inflate our status. Since he didn't specifically state take-home, I doubt he factored that in. So, assuming he's not lying and just humaning, I'd put his salary at ~130.

Sure, but anything over $100k is still top 7% which highlights the ridiculous condescension about making money with "proper" jobs. Odds are pretty good it's a troll account of one of the regulars anyways.
Decius
MidniteArrow
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Demiurge

He said 2 hours of work, not of employment. I assumed that he's on the clock for 8-10 hours for every hour of actual work done, which puts the wage in the sand range.
Flari-Merchant
You guys have this guy that made a few comments all charted out yet?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post