Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So is there an option to get my money refunded?

Fiery
I think they're mocking him for a particularly insensitive and jerkish comment - I can't say he isn't deserving.
Hollowgrin
Huran
I never understood individuals who ask for refunds for kickstarter. They are not a shop where you buy things, they are an investment with perks where you have a good chance at getting a reward outlined for you.

Asking for a refund is like asking Wall Street for a refund for a bad stock investment - kinda silly.

Like others said you have a good chance at reselling your account, but I wouldn't expect a refund.

You don't seem to be familiar with FTC rules governing crowdfunding. Kickstarters are absolutely NOT an investment. The SEC would be crawling all over crowdfunders if they portrayed their campaigns as investment solicitation. Crowdfundings are precisely like a shop where you provide money in exchange for promised goods and/or services. Goblinworks was clearly incompetent. Ryan Dancey was particularly clueless. Anyone that followed him on FB while he was purportedly working on PO knows he spent a huge amount of time on social media discussing matters that had nothing to do with PO.

I think I will just have my credit card company reverse the charge. GW clearly isn't looking at these forums or have any interest in taking responsibility for their incompetence.
Jakaal
Hollowgrin I don't think you're going get ANY sympathy in this forum nor are you going to get any money back. Also good luck with getting your credit card company to reverse the charges seeing you already received the goods that were promised you for that money. Just because you don't like the product is to bad.
Edam
Jakaal
Hollowgrin I don't think you're going get ANY sympathy in this forum nor are you going to get any money back. Also good luck with getting your credit card company to reverse the charges seeing you already received the goods that were promised you for that money. Just because you don't like the product is to bad.

Ignore him. The only possible reason to post a grandstanding "give me a refund" post in this forum is to try and sabotage the game now it is taking off for reasons of his own.

If he genuinely wanted the money back he would be either selling the account privately (it is worth a lot), approaching goblinworks directly (they have a stall at piazocon this weekend and email addresses), lodging complaints with relevant authorities or just taking legal action.
Bob
Questions about refunds can be sent to customer.support@goblinworks.com.
Huran
Hollowgrin
Huran
I never understood individuals who ask for refunds for kickstarter. They are not a shop where you buy things, they are an investment with perks where you have a good chance at getting a reward outlined for you.

Asking for a refund is like asking Wall Street for a refund for a bad stock investment - kinda silly.

Like others said you have a good chance at reselling your account, but I wouldn't expect a refund.

You don't seem to be familiar with FTC rules governing crowdfunding. Kickstarters are absolutely NOT an investment. The SEC would be crawling all over crowdfunders if they portrayed their campaigns as investment solicitation. Crowdfundings are precisely like a shop where you provide money in exchange for promised goods and/or services. Goblinworks was clearly incompetent. Ryan Dancey was particularly clueless. Anyone that followed him on FB while he was purportedly working on PO knows he spent a huge amount of time on social media discussing matters that had nothing to do with PO.

I think I will just have my credit card company reverse the charge. GW clearly isn't looking at these forums or have any interest in taking responsibility for their incompetence.

Investment was a poor choice of wording on my part, but they are absolutely nothing like a shop. Look at the post above where there is a direct quote from the kickstarter FAQ where they state in plain words they are NOT a shop and do not issue refunds. Backing a project is at the backers risk which is why the company running the kickstarter is required to state the risks of failure after a successful backing of the project.

Also, this is not a failed kickstarter yet. Though they are late in delivering the rewards, they still plan to deliver the rest of the rewards and have delivered a fair number of them already.

Email Bob he will clear up any misunderstanding and let you know if you qualify for a refund from Goblinworks.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Grimmel
Or just sell your Alpha account on the open market.
Midnight
Kickstarters don't have a timetable for receiving your goods?

Butterfly Labs should have run a kickstarter.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Hollowgrin
So I reach out to Goblin Works and they said no refunds are allowed. So when they say send questions to them about refunds they mean email them do they can tell you no refunds. However, I've contacted my credit card company and they are processing a charge back so I'll get my $1000 back.
You are a Troll
Hollowgrin
However, I've contacted my credit card company and they are processing a charge back so I'll get my $1000 back.

Kudos to you if you have a CC company that will refund your money when you buy something and then experience buyers remorse 3+ years later! Can you let me know what card that is, I need to get me one!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post