Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE12 AI

Edam
One oddity that still occurs is targeting, but not attacking, a mob will often see them select you once your party pulls even before you attack. This seems independent of where you are positioned (as clearly moving to one side to target a mob better moves you closer to that mob) as it can occur even if they are behind other mobs.

Is this a genuine phenomena or just Edam trying to find a pattern that is not really there? No idea to be honest. It is hard to see how the mobs can"know" you have them tab-targeted given the current description of aggro mechanics but it certainly seems that way.
Gross
Indeed - in the first Elite escalation Gross was involved with the combination of his T3 melee attack doing 300+ straight damage per hit, needing to be at melee distance to deliver said attack, its combo including a burst to self AOE to reach that and wearing only T2+3 armour lead to a lot of being attractive…

More straight damage attracting attention, moving close to mobs who were engaged with rogues 20m away and periodically retreating or moving causing mobs to have a passing shot or shift target, receiving a lot of damage from passing attacks so things stuck on me all seemed to be working smile.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Bob
Edam
One oddity that still occurs is targeting, but not attacking, a mob will often see them select you once your party pulls even before you attack. This seems independent of where you are positioned (as clearly moving to one side to target a mob better moves you closer to that mob) as it can occur even if they are behind other mobs.

Is this a genuine phenomena or just Edam trying to find a pattern that is not really there? No idea to be honest. It is hard to see how the mobs can"know" you have them tab-targeted given the current description of aggro mechanics but it certainly seems that way.

We probably could take into account who's targeting who, and in some ways it wouldn't be all that weird. After all, that would just mean that each mob has a tendency to target whoever's looking at them funny. However, the AI doesn't actually take that data into account, so it's probably just the "make sure someone targets Edam" code kicking in.
Suave
TL : DR /
so it's probably just the "make sure someone targets Edam" code kicking in.

+1
Gross
Bob
We probably could take into account who's targeting who, and in some ways it wouldn't be all that weird. After all, that would just mean that each mob has a tendency to target whoever's looking at them funny. However, the AI doesn't actually take that data into account, so it's probably just the "make sure someone targets Edam" code kicking in.

I must admit I had wondered the same thing as Edam and thought maybe the act of tab targeting caused some register to say X is in range so made targeting X more likely, though also thought that it was probably just random and I noticed the tab selected thing coming at me more because it was selected and so at front of mind.

Strengthening "make sure someone targets Edam" is probably the next thing to suggest in crowd forging.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post