Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Do You Ever...

New Guy
Hello Fellow Drones, I have a question for you. Have you ever gotten so bored with the limited routine here that you feel like going bat-sh!t crazy? You know, I'm talking about riding your somewhat high profile character on the path to hell. Just sneaking around and attacking everyone you see. Messing with groups in escalation work. Ganking gatherers. Stuff like that?
You are a Troll
Who says that isn't sometimes happening?
Midnight
I just go to games that don't drive me crazy.

I can slaughter hundreds of trash mobs in D3 or find consensual PvP in ESO.

My time in PFO is primarily to relax and gather. In fact gathering is part of my evening routine to help me relax and fall asleep easier.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well New Guy, I'm already kinda bat shit crazy smile

As far as getting gatherers to give ya stuff or die, messing with people while they are doing a their escalations and try to get em killed and take their stuff, and causing in game and political chaos goes, well, sometimes it's not easy cause well, ya gotta find people first. I got lucky on my last bandit success last month and did get some T3 stuff but that seems rather rare. Plus I prefer not to be a complete misanthrope if I can avoid it.

I don't like random ganking as much as I used to, especially when there is real political fallout. I usually look to Gloria Victis or some UO throwback type game for my indiscriminate killing fix.

Still, if you like causing trouble all around and as long as you aren't a complete ass about it when doing so (all things in moderation lol), it sounds like you and I should have a talk sometime. Sounds like we might have some common ground smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Nails
I don't mind the routine and I like seeing the game develop. Do I wish it was faster, sure, but I appreciate Lisa's commitment to the game as well as Bob and Coles' work to improve everything.

What I really appreciate is the relationships. I like the knowing the people in the Dominion. I like having conversations during escalations with people from different settlements, and I consider all of them friends. There are a few that I don't see eye to eye with, but if we were to meet in real life, I would buy them a beer or soda in a heartbeat and sit and trade stories about PFO or other games.

Do I hope that the game grows? Of course, but I will be happy to continue to play within the community of players that is here today as long as the game is around.

Nails
You are a Troll
Well said sir!
New Guy
Thank you for the replies. Having looked around the internet I can say that this game is about the best structured against griefing. That is once all of the systems are tuned. There is very little chance that a "crazy character" could get far before he was a societal outcast and fairly crippled in power compared to the long term players here. That keeps such things pretty well in check without an equally crazy group to back him up.

It is kind of a sad state that nothing very exciting happens. Then again you wouldn't all really still be here if what you mainly wanted was action and excitment in your play time would you? Other than the new mobs in tough escalations that is.
Bob
I deleted some posts both here and elsewhere to remove a thread that was getting both personal and unwelcoming. Apologies for any collateral damage, but I tend to err on the side of removing all related posts once I get started. I've always been amazed by the overall respectful and welcoming tone these forums have maintained over the years (at least by the usual internet standards), despite the competitive, territorial underpinnings of our game and the limitations of communicating purely by text (even with the whopping dozen emojis we so generously provide). Everyone's efforts to keep things civil, and to get them back on track when things occasionally start going off the rails, are greatly appreciated.
Flari-Merchant
No, not yet…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
New Guy
Thank you for the replies. Having looked around the internet I can say that this game is about the best structured against griefing. That is once all of the systems are tuned. There is very little chance that a "crazy character" could get far before he was a societal outcast and fairly crippled in power compared to the long term players here. That keeps such things pretty well in check without an equally crazy group to back him up.

It is kind of a sad state that nothing very exciting happens. Then again you wouldn't all really still be here if what you mainly wanted was action and excitment in your play time would you? Other than the new mobs in tough escalations that is.

This may sound…rude…but I'm definitely not meaning it to be: it sounds like you're projecting a bit there, if not then you're possibly assuming incorrectly.

I'll honest I barely login right now without prompting because what little to do is boring, I don't particularly need the rewards, and it's not worth the time and effort to fight over it much, but I still play a few times a week and if someone calls I come running. However, you're right that there isn't much excitement going on and you can see by the low population that which we have now does not garner wide appeal.

However, if everything was in place that GW had presented to us in their design, that could be a different matter, and that's why I'm still here, nothing else has made a similar enough offer that appeals to me yet. So for now we stick around for lack of anything better to do in the MMO RPG space. I sincerely hope they get close enough to their proposed design and that the excitement, activity, and importantly variety in game increases before something else comes along and makes that offer that appeals to my interests, I do favor the setting.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post