Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Just gonna put this here

Hobson Fiffledown

"Pathfinder: Kingmaker marks the first video game based on the universe of the Pathfinder tabletop RPG. The creatives at Owlcat Games–including RPG vet Chris Avellone–have a collective history with role-playing games, and they saw working on Pathfinder as an opportunity to portray the universe in a new medium."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pathfinder-kingmaker-kickstarter-rides-the-wave-of/1100-6450570/#comments-block-33393629
This space for rent.
Gross
I wonder where we are? Thought it was Golarion smile.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Decius
As much as I love Avellone doing the writing, maybe PR should focus on the 'first single-player CRPG in…' rather than pretend PFO doesn't exist.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm actually surprised I'm seeing very little promotion for the Kickstarter, or even the game really.
Hobson Fiffledown
To be fair, the new game is advertising itself as the first isometric single player pathfinder video game. I just don't think they're going to spend much time correcting all of the reviews that don't mention those details…or previous pathfinder-based kickstarter projects. Ya know?
This space for rent.
Decius
"Isometric"

That word means something, and those screenshots are not isometric.

In an isometric projection, the size of the projection of an object is not based on distance from that object to the plane of projection.

The screenshots are 3d, because that is what the modern art pipeline is optimized for.
Stilachio Thrax
Despite the inaccuracy of the review, this looks promising. I love the Baldur's Gate series, and a Kingmaker version has my attention.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Hobson Fiffledown
Also, isometric could loosely just mean rendering 3D style in 2D. Isn't Baldur's Gate considered isometric (in game description terms)? In game design terms, I think everyone knows what they're talking about. But yes, speaking specifically in terms of drafting, isometric would be wrong.

Baldur's Gate is a pretty solid game even today (the optimized one for a tablet is great). Pushing out a BG style Pathfinder game should be pretty easy, and I can see it being much more in line with what most most Pathfinder fans are looking for in a game. I would expect that Paizo will be mostly silent about PFO until they reach their OE goals anyway.
This space for rent.
Flari-Merchant
I am wondering if, and if yes then how, they got around the Open Gaming License.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite of Staalgard
I am wondering if, and if yes then how, they got around the Open Gaming License.

I expect that like PFO, they will have to create their own mechanics. Or they have compromising video on the higher ups at Wizards/Hasbro. I'm 50/50 on which it is.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post