Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13

Bob
Now that we're all rested up from deploying EE 12 and showing off the game at PaizoCon, it's time to start talking about EE 13. Here's a reminder of what we originally committed to delivering with EE 13:

New Daily Activities
  • Add Gushers for gatherers to find and exploit.
  • Allow raids on Holdings to steal bulk resources during PvP windows.
  • Occasionally send invaders from nearby escalations to raid Holdings during PvP windows.
Story Quest for New Players
  • Give new players a quest storyline to follow that offers a more structured introduction to the world.
Gathering/Hauling Improvements
  • Add mule doors to appropriate Holdings.
  • Rebalance resource distributions between hexes.
Settlement Improvements
  • Add Town Criers to Thornkeep that point new players toward existing settlements.
  • Pull banner companies into feuds between founding companies (this was delivered early as part of EE 12).
Premium Items
  • Introduce Azoth, which can be used to improve crafting/refining output or converted into game time.

I'll be starting some separate threads for any of these that call for a longer discussion or a really detailed explanation, but we can start discussing any of them here, along with any other smaller fixes we decide to make as part of EE 13.
Bob
And speaking of smaller fixes, here's a few things we'll be including with EE 13:

• Only show the PvP icon next to the mini-map when in a hex that can be owned.
  • Added timestamp and character name to the /LogVaults headers.
  • Added a /LogMessage command that logs out a player-supplied text string with the same header info as /LogVaults.
  • Holdout Weapon Implement Proficiency 3 requires rank 16 in the appropriate feats, similar to the requirements for Toolkit Implement Proficiency 3.
  • Holdout Weapon Implement Proficiency accepts Seneschal for prerequisites.
  • Combat Expertise, Feint and Evasion trainer levels were evened out, with rank 6 made available at trainer level 20.
  • All standard attack bonuses now progress 1 rank for every 2 trainer levels, with base attack bonus ranks coming available 1 trainer level later.
  • Space added to display name for Boss Crusader kills.
  • Protective Ward 6 keyword changed from Extraplanar to Intelligent.
  • Archer 12-14 grant keyword Stealthy instead of Quiet.
  • Added Truesilver and Stealthy keywords to Shimmering Truesilver Shirt.
  • Fixed the Shutdown model of the Loom.
  • Fixed the Shutdown signs on the Auction House and Workshop.
  • Fixed collision model on sawhorses.
  • Standardized all the toolboxes on holdings and outposts so they no longer have to be fixed on a case-by-case basis.
Flari-Merchant
Exciting! smile
Nihimon
Bob
    [
  • Added timestamp and character name to the /LogVaults headers.
  • Added a /LogMessage command that logs out a player-supplied text string with the same header info as /LogVaults.

Awesome! Thank you!
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
Bob

Can you tell us what the overarching goals are? That is, do you still intend to make me have to run halfway across the map to get Pine, Oak, or Ghostwood for my Wands?

More seriously…

1. Do you intend to create more regional scarcity?
2. Do you intend to make it more likely that every node type in a T3 hex will have some type of T3 resource?
3. Do you intend to periodically "rebalance" the resource distribution in order to frustrate efforts to map out where the resources are?
4. Are there any other goals you have with this rebalancing that you can share with us?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
WxCougar of KOTC
Bob
New Daily Activities
  • Occasionally send invaders from nearby escalations to raid Holdings during PvP windows.
I had a question on this - does this mean that only Holdings next to Monster Lion Hexes or Monster Home hexes will be affected, or are all Holdings subject to this?
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Bob
WxCougar of KOTC
Bob
New Daily Activities
I had a question on this - does this mean that only Holdings next to Monster Lion Hexes or Monster Home hexes will be affected, or are all Holdings subject to this?

That's still kind of up for debate, and could depend a lot on what turns out to be technically feasible. If we had escalations spreading again, then having "nearby" translate to "neighboring" would probably work quite well. Without it, we may want to have "nearby" just mean "within 2-3 hexes" so that more of the world is covered.
Bob
Nihimon
Bob
1. Do you intend to create more regional scarcity?
I was leaning more towards dealing with a few cases (particularly at the T3 level) where there's perhaps too much regional scarcity, whether that be an important resource that's really only available in one area or an area that doesn't have any good resources.
Nihimon
2. Do you intend to make it more likely that every node type in a T3 hex will have some type of T3 resource?
That's not currently one of my goals. In general, I think it's fine that different monster hexes are valuable to different high-end gatherers.
Nihimon
3. Do you intend to periodically "rebalance" the resource distribution in order to frustrate efforts to map out where the resources are?
My hope is to eventually get things set to a point where we can leave the numbers alone. I definitely don't plan to change things just to make everyone map things out again, though I can't guarantee that I won't feel compelled to change things again to fix important balance issues.
Nihimon
4. Are there any other goals you have with this rebalancing that you can share with us?
There was some preliminary work done a while back to recalculate the demand for individual resources to better match what we were learning about player behavior in the game, and I'm hoping to incorporate that work (and a couple additional observations since then) into the spreadsheets so that overall resource availability will better match with resource demand. It will still be off by a fair amount until we get ammo in, and probably until we find a way to make consumables more popular as well, since they figure heavily into the demand calculations, but the mix of resources available should at least feel better even in the short-run. In particular, resources that only provide one stock were being undervalued, as were those resources that primarily go into Implements, which is a double-whammy for things like Ebonroot. On top of that, I'm looking at a slight overall increase in the availability of T3 resources, along with a slight flattening of the availability curve between the most and least available resources.
You are a Troll
So the Monster Hexes that have zero T3 resources are going to finally get some? Nice!
Edam
To be honest it would not bother me if resources moved around occasionally.

"The platinum in hex A seems to be deleted but oh look we have found a source of truesilver that was not there before".

This will of course frustrate anyone trying to run protection rackets (you can mine here if you give us half your takings) and cartels (no-one mines here but us, you must buy it from us) and hence will likely be unpopular smile

As a more general comment, some much needed proposed fixes. It is nice to see Archer armor fixed and now having two potential armor choices.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post