Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13

Smitty
@Bob am hoping you can lend more insight to what this means…
Premium Items
• Introduce Azoth, which can be used to improve crafting/refining output or converted into game time.
Specifically..

How are they going to be used in crafting and refining- How will they help- what limitations are there - etc- basically from crafting perspective how will one use azoth, what will it make etc?
Flari-Merchant
Nihimon
Decius
Oh, and is there a place where I can find a table of all of the types of raw resource item names including the descriptors, and what stocks they have…?

Have you looked at this?

Nihimon's Resources, Salvages, and Stocks Data
Thanks, Nihimon!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
Story Quest for New Players

•Give new players a quest storyline to follow that offers a more structured introduction to the world.

Settlement Improvements

•Add Town Criers to Thornkeep that point new players toward existing settlements.

@ Bob
These two agenda item's. Are they being done from scratch? Are they worth your effort at this early stage?

We felt both of these were important to get in before increasing our marketing efforts to new players, and that they were both achieveable, so they made it on the roadmap. They go together well because they're both about new users and because the quest mostly involves me and the Town Criers mostly involve Cole. In terms of exactly when to do them, we wanted to do something substantial for new players early on in the process, and these tasks didn't have any dependencies on other work, so we pushed them toward the front.

The Town Criers are new but had a lot of planning work done previously, and the quests leverage existing tech, so they're not overwhelming amounts of work, fortunately.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard

•Give new players a quest storyline to follow that offers a more structured introduction to the world.

Settlement Improvements

•Add Town Criers to Thornkeep that point new players toward existing settlements.

@ Bob
These two agenda item's. Are they being done from scratch? Are they worth your effort at this early stage?

We felt both of these were important to get in before increasing our marketing efforts to new players, and that they were both achieveable, so they made it on the roadmap. They go together well because they're both about new users and because the quest mostly involves me and the Town Criers mostly involve Cole. In terms of exactly when to do them, we wanted to do something substantial for new players early on in the process, and these tasks didn't have any dependencies on other work, so we pushed them toward the front.

The Town Criers are new but had a lot of planning work done previously, and the quests leverage existing tech, so they're not overwhelming amounts of work, fortunately.
OK. Thank you, Sir. Sounds like they were prepped and are not a drastic time sink. There are certain other upcoming features I would have lobbied for if those were not worth doing this early.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Smitty
@Bob am hoping you can lend more insight to what this means…
Premium Items
• Introduce Azoth, which can be used to improve crafting/refining output or converted into game time.
Specifically..

How are they going to be used in crafting and refining- How will they help- what limitations are there - etc- basically from crafting perspective how will one use azoth, what will it make etc?

We're still finalizing the design for Azoth, but in general, Azoth could be used on any crafting/refining project that involves the possibility of upgrades (so not on Aeon Stones, for example), and the biggest limitation would be that you couldn't upgrade past +5. You'd apply Azoth to your project much as you do the other ingredients.

The preliminary work that's been done focuses mostly on using Azoth to improve crafting projects. Essentially, once you've chosen all the ingredients for your crafting project, you'll have the option of adding X units of Azoth to the project to get to the next plus on the resulting output. Each recipe requires a different amount of Azoth for that upgrade.

Using Azoth to improve refining output is a bit trickier, since upgrades there are based on probabilities and random rolls. We're leaning toward saying that X units of Azoth will increase your crit chances by Y.

One aspect we're debating for crafting is adjusting the Azoth cost based on how close you are to the next upgrade. In other words, if it would cost you 100 Azoth to take what would barely be a +2 all the way to a +3, then it could cost 50 Azoth if you're already halfway to a +3.
Wolf of Rathglen
Bob

Settlement Improvements

Any mention of a Friend's List? Because the new players I've mentored and recruited for two and a half years always mention it. It seems to leverage existing resources as well but be exponentially more effective at new player education (from a living person) and retention.

"Not single-player this is a social game" "Players ARE the content" but there's no method for new players to begin forming connections with established players that last after logging out or get integrated into the game communities without stressing out over the political consequences of blind-joining a Settlement they have almost no knowledge of, then they leave.

Because after all, what is the goal of the starting quest and town criers, where do you want those features to help new players end up? Forming connections with more established players. Well, may as well create the literal connection first for those other projects to support.

Since 2015 every time I wander by a lost Level 1 (often on their first day playing) wondering "What do I do now?", teach something about character advancement or combat tactics, defeat a tiny escalation as practice, we've had a really fun two hours and they ALWAYS ask, "Can I put you on a friends list?"
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Bob
Wolf of Rathglen
Any mention of a Friend's List? Because the new players I've mentored and recruited for two and a half years always mention it. It seems to leverage existing resources as well but be exponentially more effective at new player education (from a living person) and retention.

Social Companies, which will fill roughly the same function but work better for players with multiple accounts and characters, are scheduled for EE 16 in January. We agree this is extremely important and made sure it was included on the roadmap. Scheduling for these milestones didn't always follow a strict priority order, since some tasks were better left until another task had been done, or were best done alongside another task, or just balanced in better with other work already assigned to a particular milestone.
Wolf of Rathglen
If you can meet someone ingame, mutually click a button, log out, log in later, open a screen and find all the people you liked enough to remember who are online I'll be satisfied for now. Thanks Bob.

<cough> It will allow me to spend more energy making sure Effect Power dies an epic irrevocable death <cough>… oh, what?
Wolf of Rathglen
I'm most excited about gushers in 13 as one of those absent things that seems fundamental to the game, like non-stationary ranged attacks using ammo.

I remember from VERY long ago (probably Steven) said resources from one-off nodes are artificially high to adjust for gushers not existing, but when they go in the nodes will be a much smaller/minority proportion of total gathering. Like the social activity of a couple people manning a gusher and protecting/hauling the goods back to base is meant to largely replace more spread out hours of solo gathering. At least to the point the majority of new resources taken in come from gushers instead of solo-harvested nodes.

Also, might we get gusher-escalations? Progressively tougher invasions of the site (up to the level of the hex of course) with a boss near the end of the gusher's lifespan. Come to raid the resources, or just kill the group for trespassing or violating nature, either way. Proportional population is my pie in the sky dream, but just enough to keep 2-3 players at hex-equivalent level occupied.

Guarding a mining op is BORING (AC Hurricaine just floating in space staring at rocks) so when other players don't mount a reasonable thieving attempt there should be something to engage the guards that need to be there "just in case". Tweak gusher AI to focus on targets new to the agro range and you'll extinguish most cases of player raiders waiting for a big NPC wave to attack.
Bob
Wolf of Rathglen
Also, might we get gusher-escalations? Progressively tougher invasions of the site (up to the level of the hex of course) with a boss near the end of the gusher's lifespan. Come to raid the resources, or just kill the group for trespassing or violating nature, either way. Proportional population is my pie in the sky dream, but just enough to keep 2-3 players at hex-equivalent level occupied.

While the gusher is operating, mobs will attack in waves that do indeed get tougher over time, with the mobs defined by either the escalation infecting the hex or by the default mobs for that terrain type. There's no specific boss at the end, but that could be an interesting thing to add later. If the mobs manage to destroy the harvesting kit, then everything in it gets destroyed/stolen and you'll only walk away with whatever you took out and ran away with earlier.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post