Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13

plopmania
Bob

New Daily Activities
  • Add Gushers for gatherers to find and exploit.
  • Occasionally send invaders from nearby escalations to raid Holdings during PvP windows.

I remember a plan to make Gushers a target for "wandering" monsters as well. Is that still thing (at least, somewhere down the line)? From the surface, it would seem like the tech would be pretty similar for both cases.
Huran
Thanks Bob!

I am excited to see the archer keyword fix. Wxcougar beat me to the question, I was just curious on if you guys were going to work on solving the spread bugs for escalations - sounds like you are looking into it which is also awesome smile
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Nails
Bob, I am very excited at the idea of getting more black in the game. I have 2 T3 wizards and I haven't been able to use a T3 spellbook in a while because I only have 2 partials left from black that I was able to get via trades probably a year ago (thanks aussie dwarf), but I am saving them for future PVP or until I can get black again and can make some T3 spellbooks with it. It is virtually impossible to get black because of the insane trade value that has been placed on it. Until then, I am stuck using my T3 Wand and Staff and T2 spellbooks and glad that there hasn't been any PVP in a while because of how my guys are artificially nerfed since those T3 spellbooks I have left wouldn't last very long.
Bob
plopmania
Bob

New Daily Activities
  • Add Gushers for gatherers to find and exploit.
  • Occasionally send invaders from nearby escalations to raid Holdings during PvP windows.

I remember a plan to make Gushers a target for "wandering" monsters as well. Is that still thing (at least, somewhere down the line)? From the surface, it would seem like the tech would be pretty similar for both cases.

Yes, we're still hoping to have monsters attacking gushers while they're operating, and the plan is to take advantage of the similarities between that and escalations attacking holdings.
Bob
Huran
I am excited to see the archer keyword fix. Wxcougar beat me to the question, I was just curious on if you guys were going to work on solving the spread bugs for escalations - sounds like you are looking into it which is also awesome smile

No promises, but it's definitely something we talk about regularly, and is of course near and dear to my heart since it's so central to the idea of Escalations.
The Eternal Balance
Nails
Bob, I am very excited at the idea of getting more black in the game. I have 2 T3 wizards and I haven't been able to use a T3 spellbook in a while because I only have 2 partials left from black that I was able to get via trades probably a year ago (thanks aussie dwarf), but I am saving them for future PVP or until I can get black again and can make some T3 spellbooks with it. It is virtually impossible to get black because of the insane trade value that has been placed on it. Until then, I am stuck using my T3 Wand and Staff and T2 spellbooks and glad that there hasn't been any PVP in a while because of how my guys are artificially nerfed since those T3 spellbooks I have left wouldn't last very long.

I do sympathize with your frustration (though I do not play a wizard character) but I also feel that something has to be super limited and valuable enough to be fought over at all costs. If not Black, then what? Doesn't scarcity promote trade and conflict and player made content? If there was every resource in every region of the map, would that make the game more enjoyable? I am not going to spout Ryan's old adages of Hard is Fun & Meaningful Choices, but I will say that sneaking into other people's territory and taking the resources that I need when they aren't looking is one of the few somewhat exciting things there is to even do in the game currently.

Perhaps a War should be started over Black?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Duffy Swiftshadow
The Eternal Balance
Nails

I do sympathize with your frustration (though I do not play a wizard character) but I also feel that something has to be super limited and valuable enough to be fought over at all costs. If not Black, then what? Doesn't scarcity promote trade and conflict and player made content? If there was every resource in every region of the map, would that make the game more enjoyable? I am not going to spout Ryan's old adages of Hard is Fun & Meaningful Choices, but I will say that sneaking into other people's territory and taking the resources that I need when they aren't looking is one of the few somewhat exciting things there is to even do in the game currently.

Perhaps a War should be started over Black?

I mean sure, but how do you stop someone from gathering it to nothing? Guard the hex 24/7 and never miss anyone? The win/loss scenario just isn't really there without getting into what is borderline griefing.
The Eternal Balance
Well, gathering it to nothing means someone is getting something smile
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Nihimon
Bob, one other thing…

When you're rebalancing the resources, can you also fix the differences between the Bulk Resources sheet and the Hexes sheet with respect to terrain type?

-19, 8 : Bulk Resources says "Highlands", but Hexes says "Croplands"
-18, 0 : Highlands vs Croplands
-18, 8 : Croplands vs Highlands
-13, 0 : Croplands vs highlands
-3, 3 : Highlands vs Mountains
2, -5 : Woodlands vs Mountains
2, 6 : Woodlands vs Croplands
4, 17 : Croplands vs Woodlands

4, 17 is just east of Phaeros so it's been pretty obvious there was something wrong there for a while now. The in-game map clearly shows it as a Woodlands hex. When you're running around in the hex, it's clearly a Woodlands hex. But pfomap.com shows it as a Croplands hex. And if you harvest there, you get Wool, Cotton, and Coal from Scavenger Nodes, and you get Ordered and Resonant Essence from Dowser Nodes - all of which is usually limited to Croplands hexes.

Unless of course it's "a feature, not a bug" that a single hex can have one terrain type in one context and another terrain type in another context…

PS - this is just a list of hexes where the data in the spreadsheets is inconsistent. I have not tried to determine if either source of data in the spreadsheets is consistent with reality.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
Fighting a war over Black in its current state is pointless as the problem is not the attempts to form a Cartel that are at issue its that there simply is not enough black in game, even with optimal gathering, to supply the number of T3 wizards around. As a result T3 spellbooks are stupidly expensive and even the people that have them rarely equip them. T3 cleric symbols on the other hand are a dime a dozen and relatively cheap to make.

The issues is NOT people locking up the black (something that can be fought out in game if people really wanted to do something about it) it is that there is simply not enough black to go around which imposes an unbalanced limitation on wizard players versus everyone else.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post