Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Two questions

Iram Thelbane
Hello all, i have few questions to ask:
first one: is an ingame mail planned in a future release?
second and last: is scamming allowed in PFO?

Thanks all!
Decius
To the first, I don't think it's currently on the map.
To the second, I refer to the ToS.
Excerpts:
Don't be a Jerk.
If you are confused about what constitutes "being a Jerk", we advise you to err on the side of caution. Harassment of other players or Goblinworks employees or agents will not be tolerated.

Dont cheat.
If you find some condition, combination of actions, location, or feature that is broken or provides you an advantage you should not have due to a bug, don't do that thing. Report it.

Don't Impersonate
It is not ok to create a character name or to send chat messages that imply or attempt to create the impression that the character or the communication is a system message, an NPC, or a Goblinworks staff account. Do not send chat messages that could be misconstrued as updates or notifications from the game.

If you want to create an investment bank that takes coin for the promise of future coin, I think the only thing really stopping you is the lack of chumps giving you money; Don't do something like tell other players that a silver/gold/platinum ore is equivalent to a silver/gold/platinum coin. If you think you found an exploitable bug, ask for test server access to replicate it; don't try to figure it out on live.
Hobson Fiffledown
Scamming, in terms of what is considered scamming in EVE (that's what I'm guessing here), is not currently an option in PFO. Sure, begging and luring might still work, but the rewards are minimal to none. The marketplace is too simple for tricks, there are no mechanical contract systems for anything, and the low player numbers and crashed coin economy keep any large banking/investment/ponzi ideas out of the mix.

GW is introducing their own in-game game time credit soon called Azoth. There could be some opportunity there, but we don't really know how it's going to work yet. I'd say that any scamming style play would be way, way down the game road.

Now, there are PFO players out there who plan(ned) to be economic and auction house warriors, and trade barons, or crafter kings cornering markets. They are also waiting for systems which might one day come online, and the players that might be here then too.

TL;DR - No. No. Could be worth the wait though?
This space for rent.
Bob
To extend a bit on the general Don't Be A Jerk policy, while there's no rule against tricking other players into making unfortunate choices, doing so by taking advantage of incomplete or broken aspects of the game (basically anything that could be loosely called a bug) is forbidden. Because we're still working on various aspects of the New Player Experience so that new players better understand the risks and rewards of various actions, that very much applies to taking advantage of new players.

The game is meant to be competitive in many ways, and players should take care to protect themselves and their belongings, but we also want to provide an atmosphere that's welcoming to new players. Yes, they need to learn that other players don't always have their best interests at heart, but their first lessons about that shouldn't come from the kind of stab-in-the-back that's likely to drive them from the game. Give us time to work up the systems to properly educate players, and meanwhile back off if you get the sense that you're taking advantage of a new player's lack of experience. Don't assume they've read all the forums and have a full understanding of the game.
Bob
Iram Thelbane
Is an ingame mail planned in a future release?

It's something we've talked about and would very much like to tackle eventually, but it's not on the current roadmap so I can't really say when we might be able to get to it.
Hobson Fiffledown
Sounds like for now we need to cordon off the starter area and make players sign a waiver before venturing out.

It is dangerous to go alone! Take this (game manual).
(1) Thank you.
(2) Does not want!
This space for rent.
Iram Thelbane
Thanks for all respons!
@Hobson, yes i was thinking at scamming like in EVE.
And i don't want to use an exploit or something like that…
I have noticed that actually there are too few players in the game and the market is effectively too simple to tricks.
But that i understand is if you can trick without using a bug, scamming is allow…
That's nice, because i can figure to play a rogue that's scam to earn coins in a futur play. But it's needing more players …
Decius
Remember the River Freedoms as well.

Oathbreakers Die.

When "Die" is no longer a transitive verb, that rule goes to a dark place.
Decius
Remember the River Freedoms as well.

Oathbreakers Die.

When "Die" is no longer a transitive verb, that rule goes to a dark place.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Iram Thelbane
Thanks for all respons!
@Hobson, yes i was thinking at scamming like in EVE.
And i don't want to use an exploit or something like that…
I have noticed that actually there are too few players in the game and the market is effectively too simple to tricks.
But that i understand is if you can trick without using a bug, scamming is allow…
That's nice, because i can figure to play a rogue that's scam to earn coins in a futur play. But it's needing more players …

Slight word of warning, you will eventually have to attach to a settlement and your actions/name will be associated with them which means if you aggravate enough people they will take it out on you and whatever settlement you belong too. The game is designed to minimize your ability to socially get away with things by manipulating the nature of MMOs via anonymity and a large community.

And honestly, if I see someone start spam scamming in chat I will hunt them down and kill them until they stop. It's the Lawful Evil thing to do smile I would hate to see 99% of the game chat be the scam BS you see in the EVE trade hubs.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post