Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Two questions

Hobson Fiffledown
For a number of current technical limitations and social reasons, scamming and a lot of general economic playstyles probably won't be viable until after the Tens of Thousands* arrive. Truthfully, I don't see low-end scamming ever being worth it in this game. And by OE, you'll be powerful enough to PvE grind unlimited coin like everyone else. yay…

There's only one scam allowed in this game, my friend, and it rhymes with "sunning a fettlement". smile

*ToT is being coined in another forum as sort-of the first bar of success once Open Enrollment hits. Careful, GW, you probably have a week or so to get out in front of that before it starts to stick. smile
This space for rent.
Iram Thelbane
Hobson Fiffledown
For a number of current technical limitations and social reasons, scamming and a lot of general economic playstyles probably won't be viable until after the Tens of Thousands* arrive.

I completely agree with that… IRL, i am a good guy, but i like to play in games where you aren't told to act like a child, and scamming is one thing that is going this way. So, enventually scam, isn't planned for me before a long time.

I have a dream where rogues, in a mmorpg, can steal some stuff to other PJ and PNJ without have to prior kill them, and scamming is the only way to do something like this in actual games…
Iram Thelbane
Duffy Swiftshadow
Iram Thelbane
Thanks for all respons!
@Hobson, yes i was thinking at scamming like in EVE.
And i don't want to use an exploit or something like that…
I have noticed that actually there are too few players in the game and the market is effectively too simple to tricks.
But that i understand is if you can trick without using a bug, scamming is allow…
That's nice, because i can figure to play a rogue that's scam to earn coins in a futur play. But it's needing more players …

Slight word of warning, you will eventually have to attach to a settlement and your actions/name will be associated with them which means if you aggravate enough people they will take it out on you and whatever settlement you belong too. The game is designed to minimize your ability to socially get away with things by manipulating the nature of MMOs via anonymity and a large community.

And honestly, if I see someone start spam scamming in chat I will hunt them down and kill them until they stop. It's the Lawful Evil thing to do smile I would hate to see 99% of the game chat be the scam BS you see in the EVE trade hubs.

I understand and aggree with you. But i like the idea… smile

When i played in Eve Online, i was using an Alt named Reverend Lothor who were voyaging accross stars systems and blessing wallet and ships of other players. And some people paid for it (i send them a nice blessing recipe).
You are a Troll
Duffy Swiftshadow
Iram Thelbane
Thanks for all respons!
@Hobson, yes i was thinking at scamming like in EVE.
And i don't want to use an exploit or something like that…
I have noticed that actually there are too few players in the game and the market is effectively too simple to tricks.
But that i understand is if you can trick without using a bug, scamming is allow…
That's nice, because i can figure to play a rogue that's scam to earn coins in a futur play. But it's needing more players …

Slight word of warning, you will eventually have to attach to a settlement and your actions/name will be associated with them which means if you aggravate enough people they will take it out on you and whatever settlement you belong too. The game is designed to minimize your ability to socially get away with things by manipulating the nature of MMOs via anonymity and a large community.

And honestly, if I see someone start spam scamming in chat I will hunt them down and kill them until they stop. It's the Lawful Evil thing to do smile I would hate to see 99% of the game chat be the scam BS you see in the EVE trade hubs.

He already has: Carpe Noctem
Starchild
Iram is indeed in Carpe Noctem which as a Neutral settlement has a fairly lax attitude to these things. It very much depends on the meaning of scamming - we welcome snake oil salesmen but not people who try to steal other people's usernames and passwords. In-game evil is OK, metagaming nonsense, not so much. We do not, for example allow things like creating a 1000 point alt called Mama Piper and then parking it outside the bank of another town while recording it's screen to review later. That would fall under metagaming nonsense for me.
Doom! Nightstalkers, evil crafters and bandits, Oh my!
Iram Thelbane
Starchild: stealing other people's usernames and passwords is not scamming, it's a completely forbidden things!
What i mean with scamming is for exemple, sell on the market an apparently Tier 3 stuff when it's in reality a Tier 1 stuff, or something like that.
But the very simple market interface don't allow do do such things actually…
The purpose of my question was to know if this kind of things can be allow or not. I prefere a game where such things are allow, because it's a more adult game. And i prefere to play in adult's games!
Personnaly i am not interested in scamming by now! smile If i was, i would have used a nickname to query this question an not used my main character name in the post. Because, now, everyone knows that i am interested in scamming and will be very carefull when he will make a transaction with me…smile

Edit: for information, with the actual market system i know a kind of scam who can work well, except that it probabily not allow to earn a lot of coins, because there are too few merchants in the game… (it's a scam that's not using a game exploit, or something like that…smile

In addition i would like to say an other thing: if scamming is allowed, then you can imagine that lottery, banking activity (account banking with interests in banks that are owned by players) and some things like that are allow, and when there will be more players in the game such kind of activities can improve the game play… But it's needing more players.
Decius
Executing trades with willing partners using the AH might be market manipulation, but I don't see a way for it to be scamming.
Iram Thelbane
Decius
Executing trades with willing partners using the AH might be market manipulation, but I don't see a way for it to be scamming.

If you are Zombie Decius, i will explain how to make the scam ingame, but due to a lack of players we can not earn a lot of silvers with it!
You are a Troll
Decius has been killed and raised as an undead by the necromancers of Carpe Noctem??!!

Cool! smile
Stilachio Thrax
You are a Troll
Decius has been killed and raised as an undead by the necromancers of Carpe Noctem??!!

Cool! smile

Unless the possessed corpse formerly known as Decius was turned into a JuJu zombie, he was hosed.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post