Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Raiding

Decius
Any raiders worth their salt are going to bring a mule or three with them. Meanwhile any counterattack by the holding owners can loot the husk and deposit it directly to the bank.
You are a Troll
I think the gathering up of bulk from a raided holding should work more like moving stuff on and off a mule, not a character husk. Picking up one piece of bulk wood at a time when there might be 50+ seems like a punishment rather than a reward for raiding.
Duffy Swiftshadow
You are a Troll
I think the gathering up of bulk from a raided holding should work more like moving stuff on and off a mule, not a character husk. Picking up one piece of bulk wood at a time when there might be 50+ seems like a punishment rather than a reward for raiding.

It would be one stack at a time, so at most there would be maybe 4 stacks?
Flari-Merchant
Duffy Swiftshadow
You are a Troll

Yeah. So having to move the Bulk to the mule "slowly", while slower than being the owner and moving stuff is as fast as you can manage, moving a few stacks from a husk really isn't a "slow" operation. Not enough to add much danger to the situation.

My main problem is the selfish point of view that I don't want Raiders to pop out a mule at my holding that they are raiding. Bob has addressed that if they can get restrictions in.
You are a Troll
I tried to create a mule at the AH the other day and got a *too far from facilities* error…
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Will a raid in progress show the red line like a feud does?
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
You are a Troll

It's not a full stack at a time, just up to 5 encumbrance (or 1 item at minimum) from 1 stack at a time. For bulk resources, that's basically 5 items from a stack each time.

The idea is to keep the victors from instantly grabbing their spoils and taking off running. Unless the holding already contained tons of bulk resources, the daily output will be around 100 units at most, so the victors could probably just grab all of that in one quick go (perhaps one quick grab per character to spread the weight) and then start running. Double or triple that amount and a good-sized party might still be able to carry everything pretty easily. Slowing the process down just a bit shouldn't make loading up take too long (unless you're talking just 1-2 characters getting lucky and raiding an overloaded vault), though I'm open to argument if it seems more problematic than I'd originally assumed.
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
Will a raid in progress show the red line like a feud does?

Good question. We think raids will affect the hex health bar on the map just like capturing does, but I've added a note to to make sure I check that during the test pass.
Bob
You are a Troll
I tried to create a mule at the AH the other day and got a *too far from facilities* error…

Yeah, still don't know what was up with that, since usually it seems to work. We had an old bug that made that happen all the time, but that was fixed long ago. Perhaps there's an edge case where that fix doesn't work, though all the possibilities I tried didn't reproduce the problem.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
You are a Troll

It's not a full stack at a time, just up to 5 encumbrance (or 1 item at minimum) from 1 stack at a time. For bulk resources, that's basically 5 items from a stack each time.

The idea is to keep the victors from instantly grabbing their spoils and taking off running. Unless the holding already contained tons of bulk resources, the daily output will be around 100 units at most, so the victors could probably just grab all of that in one quick go (perhaps one quick grab per character to spread the weight) and then start running. Double or triple that amount and a good-sized party might still be able to carry everything pretty easily. Slowing the process down just a bit shouldn't make loading up take too long (unless you're talking just 1-2 characters getting lucky and raiding an overloaded vault), though I'm open to argument if it seems more problematic than I'd originally assumed.
Thanks Bob.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post