Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Raiding

Bob
Decius
Any raiders worth their salt are going to bring a mule or three with them. Meanwhile any counterattack by the holding owners can loot the husk and deposit it directly to the bank.

Good point on the counter-attack, we'll at least make sure that the original owners can't steal everything out in one fell swoop and deposit it back into safety.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Decius
Any raiders worth their salt are going to bring a mule or three with them. Meanwhile any counterattack by the holding owners can loot the husk and deposit it directly to the bank.

Good point on the counter-attack, we'll at least make sure that the original owners can't steal everything out in one fell swoop and deposit it back into safety.
Actually the mule being the property of the raiders puts the kaibosh on that, doesn't it? I mean they will have to "loot" the mule just like any.
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
Bob
Decius

Actually the mule being the property of the raiders puts the kaibosh on that, doesn't it? I mean they will have to "loot" the mule just like any.

Once things are on the raider's mule, things balance back out. I just want to make sure that the defenders (or some subset of them) don't technically own the husk, which would let them take everything off the husk with one click, and then do a quick Deposit All to put everything back in a vault.
Decius
Bringslite of Staalgard
Bob
Decius

I was expecting that the raiders noticed the counterattack and got what they had looted onto the mule(s) and gotten the mule(s) away, but had left some loot on the husk in front of the holding.
Maxen
One thing just came to mind and forgive me if it's been mentioned. What about the possibility that raiders would skip the mule, loot the holding, and immediately log out? And then have alts scout the area four an opportune time to log back in. Not suggesting that any of the current player base would do that, but when the ToT shows up, who knows.

Something that other games have is a logout timer, where your character is still vulnerable to attack even if you simply close your client. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute? That would allow defenders a fair chance to stop the looting should a grossly unfair tactic like that be used.
Tyncale
Maxen
One thing just came to mind and forgive me if it's been mentioned. What about the possibility that raiders would skip the mule, loot the holding, and immediately log out? And then have alts scout the area four an opportune time to log back in. Not suggesting that any of the current player base would do that, but when the ToT shows up, who knows.

Something that other games have is a logout timer, where your character is still vulnerable to attack even if you simply close your client. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute? That would allow defenders a fair chance to stop the looting should a grossly unfair tactic like that be used.

I am glad the ToT is catching on. smile And good point. The infinite(in # of items) Inventory of Characters has a lot of potential for abuse anyway, at least as long as you have throwaway 1000xp Alts in the game.

Parking Alt "Banks" near every valuable T3 hex, empty Holdings into a throw away Alt every day untill you can pick a convenient and safe time to unload it on a Mule, hell, you can dump the belongings of an entire Settlement into one Character if razing and looting settlements ever get implemented. Getting to unload that Alt when the town has been taken over will be interesting but at least the enemy did not get it. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyncale
People will hate me for this but maybe a Characters Inventory should not take anymore items once it is so Encumbered that it cannot move at all anymore. This means that training Encumbrance has a double benefit: can carry more weight and can carry more items.

This could prevent the cheesy Holding Alts that I mention above. Would be a pity if the new Raiding system would get circumvented this way. Holdings can't log out, Characters can so they should not be able to function as safe Banks.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
A logout timer is something they planned on adding, if I recall they agree quick logouts to avoid ramifications is cheesy. Possible solution is don't let encumbered characters logout.
You are a Troll
Either of the above two suggestions about encumbrance (or maybe both together) would be a good improvement and result in more meaningful choices needing to be made.
Bob
Decius
I was expecting that the raiders noticed the counterattack and got what they had looted onto the mule(s) and gotten the mule(s) away, but had left some loot on the husk in front of the holding.

In that case, the counterattackers can definitely take everything left on the husk and put it back in the vault, they just have to do so a little bit at a time. That leaves them vulnerable to a counter-counterattack until they get everything back to safety.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post