Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Guard Flagging (Maybe Bug/Maybe Not)

Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm not sure about the intent of these systems interacting but maybe just for some clarification here's the scenario I ran into:

If settlement A is allied with Settlement B (low security rating too) and member of A attacks a member of C (unallied settlement) in settlement B, the guards will go after A.

Is this intentional? Based on the observed behavior I assume it means guards will still act as they did before EE12, I just can't quite figure out if that is considered correct right now.

The rating means little I guess aside from the option and then the 'cost' to initiate the attack, so not really a factor at all in my opinion.
Bob
That aspect of guard behavior didn't change for EE 12. When you're in a settlement, guards won't attack members of that settlement just for being low rep or aggressors against other players, but they don't make any special allowances for members of allied settlements. Ideally we'd do something similar to the Settlement Access settings that let settlement leaders decide which rules the guards enforced and which groups were exempted from each kind of enforcement, essentially adding a system for creating laws. Definitely something we'd like to do, but outside the scope of what we were shooting for on EE 12. I've thrown a feature request into our database to look into it when we have a chance. If it turned into a really big issue for a lot of people, we might be able to do a short-term fix of just automatically giving allies the same exemption as settlement members, but that would make alliances a lot more risky if you don't absolutely trust your allies.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
That aspect of guard behavior didn't change for EE 12. When you're in a settlement, guards won't attack members of that settlement just for being low rep or aggressors against other players, but they don't make any special allowances for members of allied settlements. Ideally we'd do something similar to the Settlement Access settings that let settlement leaders decide which rules the guards enforced and which groups were exempted from each kind of enforcement, essentially adding a system for creating laws. Definitely something we'd like to do, but outside the scope of what we were shooting for on EE 12. I've thrown a feature request into our database to look into it when we have a chance. If it turned into a really big issue for a lot of people, we might be able to do a short-term fix of just automatically giving allies the same exemption as settlement members, but that would make alliances a lot more risky if you don't absolutely trust your allies.

I think it would be a good thing to do the short term fix. True that you sometimes can't trust your allies, but sometimes you can. Please add more power to alliances and allies even if it means that there are also dangerous turns possible. It adds to the stories that can develop.

Edit: I would just like to add that we have all been waiting quite some time for features just exactly like this kind of thing. Let us have them if they are not too difficult to get in, please.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
It has some value, one of the annoying things is having characters across multiple allied settlements that can't easily hop around to help, but I don't know how big that value really is outside of the occasional little action here and there.

But I mean, I wouldn't say no, one more tool in the toolbox is helpful :-P

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post