Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gushers, Rank 14, Effort

Duffy Swiftshadow
I think so, the harvesting kit is a deployable, so I assume it acts like all other deployables inventory wise.
Lisa Stevens
Midnight
Bob, are you saying there will be no way to equip the harvesting kit on a character's paperdoll and it will always be part of inventory, and thus always drop on death (if it survives the 25% destruction on death roll)?

My understanding is that it will act like a holding and outpost kit. You can loose them until they are deployed.

-Lisa
Wolf of Rathglen
Yeah I always expected to carry just one, maybe two with a big group, on a trip specifically going to harvest gushers. Not throwing down one I always have on me as I happen to be walking by.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Bob
Lisa Stevens
Midnight
Bob, are you saying there will be no way to equip the harvesting kit on a character's paperdoll and it will always be part of inventory, and thus always drop on death (if it survives the 25% destruction on death roll)?

My understanding is that it will act like a holding and outpost kit. You can loose them until they are deployed.

-Lisa

That is correct, they behave pretty much like holding and outpost kits except that they can only be placed at pre-designated locations that you personally discovered while gathering. The location remains valid for an hour so that you have the option of going somewhere to retrieve a kit rather than carrying one with you all the time. That also gives you time to put together a party of defenders. However, they also won't be too expensive, so you might find it worth the risk to just carry one around and accept the occasional losses. YMMV.
Decius
And having high-level kits stored in the Company vaults in nearby holdings might be a good idea that actually leverages an advantage out of having broad holding spread.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post