Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafting Time

New Guy
May I hear any Crafter's ideas on what is a fair price for crafting minutes? Please share.
Flari-Merchant
I'll say 1cp/minute in a healthy economy. Right now, it is a pretty wild market and way unbalanced. It is "whatever they will pay". smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
RichClark
This is an old post, but I thought I'd put my 2 coppers worth in.

I think crafting enhances the base materials (reconfigures and expands them), so I mark my finished products up 50% - 100% over the cost of the base materials.

Maker
Duffy Swiftshadow
That scales poorly. The same set of materials can have different rates of conversion to items. It's better to account for the time than to adjust based on the materials, that way you're not shorting yourself as you have limited "time" per day to spend on crafting items.
Flari-Merchant
Duffy Swiftshadow
That scales poorly. The same set of materials can have different rates of conversion to items. It's better to account for the time than to adjust based on the materials, that way you're not shorting yourself as you have limited "time" per day to spend on crafting items.
Agreed with Duffy on this.
I generally don't bother with minutes until I'm crafting T2 and up. I think that 1c/min is fair.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
RichClark
I see what you mean.

Recently got the recipe for Fine Thread, same as the recipe for Coarse Thread, but its the T2 version.

Still, not certain how I will adjust my prices.

Of course I have plenty of time. I'm just now starting to sell T2 items.

Maker
Edam
A few points:
  • many people with Destiny Twin accounts charge nothing for crafting time as they are subbing the main combat character and see the crafting alt as "free" especially if that alt usually has an empty queue. However this obviously is not viable for players who are paying good real money to sub a non DT crafter, especially when craft queues times for some T3 items can approach or exceed one month.
  • generally craft queue charges should be calculated on the base time of the job not the reduced time your high level character takes, if you decide to pass on the discounted time to your customers to be more competitive that should be a meaningful choice not the default scenario.
  • crafting fees per hour will also depend on the tier/crafter-level and rarity of the item. For example, as far as I know their are only two tailors on the server currently able to make the T3 level 20 fine truesilver shirt needed by many high level refiner/crafters and they take close to a month to make, there will clearly be a premium charged if you are after one of those.
  • Apyx
    Humm, my tailor hit 20 a while back and am crafting my second Fine Truesilver Shirt.
    Suave
    Edam
    A few points:
  • many people with Destiny Twin accounts charge nothing for crafting time as they are subbing the main combat character and see the crafting alt as "free" especially if that alt usually has an empty queue. However this obviously is not viable for players who are paying good real money to sub a non DT crafter, especially when craft queues times for some T3 items can approach or exceed one month.
  • generally craft queue charges should be calculated on the base time of the job not the reduced time your high level character takes, if you decide to pass on the discounted time to your customers to be more competitive that should be a meaningful choice not the default scenario.
  • crafting fees per hour will also depend on the tier/crafter-level and rarity of the item. For example, as far as I know their are only two tailors on the server currently able to make the T3 level 20 fine truesilver shirt needed by many high level refiner/crafters and they take close to a month to make, there will clearly be a premium charged if you are after one of those.

• Unless you are counting my Tailor, Hoffman, you are undercounting level 20 tailors.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post