Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13 Status Update

Bob
Apologies, we had some weird build issues this week that we had to spend a bunch of time chasing down, but those are under control now. I've been testing out the Harvesting/Gusher system and have just about finished writing up a post about it, so that should be up shortly, with more to follow soon after.

The tutorial quest is pretty much fully implemented at this point, and isn't really causing any delays at this point. I will need to do a more thorough pass through it before we deploy EE 13 to Live, but I'm holding off on that until we get a preliminary build to Zog because any fixes needed for it at this point would be pretty simple.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Apologies, we had some weird build issues this week that we had to spend a bunch of time chasing down, but those are under control now. I've been testing out the Harvesting/Gusher system and have just about finished writing up a post about it, so that should be up shortly, with more to follow soon after.

The tutorial quest is pretty much fully implemented at this point, and isn't really causing any delays at this point. I will need to do a more thorough pass through it before we deploy EE 13 to Live, but I'm holding off on that until we get a preliminary build to Zog because any fixes needed for it at this point would be pretty simple.

Excellent! smile
Schedim
There is sooo much to love in EE13, when I get back into a job again I really want to start up my subscription again. Ireally hope this will attarct enough players in the end to survive. It starts to shape up into the game I dreamed of (-ish)!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
Suggestion offered with all respect: Shuffle the Tutorial to the side for awhile. We are getting a new player every week or two but we can certainly take those under our wings and pointed straight at that rate. A grand tutorial could wait if it is stalling everything else.

Disagree, when more folks start coming in you want something in game to keep them hooked long enough so we can recruit them and get to them. Many players may have left in confusion or frustration long before they either got a chance to help or ask.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
Suggestion offered with all respect: Shuffle the Tutorial to the side for awhile. We are getting a new player every week or two but we can certainly take those under our wings and pointed straight at that rate. A grand tutorial could wait if it is stalling everything else.

Disagree, when more folks start coming in you want something in game to keep them hooked long enough so we can recruit them and get to them. Many players may have left in confusion or frustration long before they either got a chance to help or ask.
I think that the point is moot since he had wrapped up the tutorial(mostly) before I posted. In concept though, I just feel that there are a few things which would be better effort if released(not to mention worked on) when there are more people around to make it worth the time. The fact is… folks are not coming in yet. At least not in numbers that WE can't see, welcome, teach, and help get started right.

Many of the things that we are seeing are still not going to be much more than frustrating because the pop is just too small for them to work right AND be fun. Like Gushers seem to be a good idea and might work out ok as they are dependent on a "player" activating them by choice. Invaders seem like they will be more bothersome and potentially aggravating with this small population. A Grand Tutorial is NEEDED(for sure) but it isn't as essential ATM as just making the game more fun overall for everyone.

That's just how I feel. I can accept that you disagree. smile

Having said all that, it has been explained that they designed The Roadmap in a way that(overall) works best if done in the order that they have it planned. Also that there are a limited number of things that they actually CAN DO so they have to pick and choose.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post