Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Harvesting (aka Gushers)

Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite of Staalgard
You know that my vote will always be for craft materials being harder to find, AKA scarce. I don't see any other way to get the economy stimulated. If you haven't noticed, one of my characters is doing well selling coal for 50c/ea. I can't dig fast enough….

Just for reference that coal price is about supply/demand, not scarcity. I don't need gushers of Lodestone, Meteoric, or T3 ores (it would be nice but not that big a deal) despite being rarer, but I would definitely salivate over gushers of Iron and Coal as those are my usual roadblocks. Same is true for a bunch of T1 and T2 alchemy components and probably most gems.
Flari-Merchant
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite of Staalgard
You know that my vote will always be for craft materials being harder to find, AKA scarce. I don't see any other way to get the economy stimulated. If you haven't noticed, one of my characters is doing well selling coal for 50c/ea. I can't dig fast enough….

Just for reference that coal price is about supply/demand, not scarcity. I don't need gushers of Lodestone, Meteoric, or T3 ores (it would be nice but not that big a deal) despite being rarer, but I would definitely salivate over gushers of Iron and Coal as those are my usual roadblocks. Same is true for a bunch of T1 and T2 alchemy components and probably most gems.
It is totally about supply and demand. I agree. No one else is willing to dig up coal and sell it. It is also most surely a temporary spike because… c'mon… not everyone can be that averse to gathering, can they?

Honestly if laziness is the illness that promotes the demand and that is all I can get to simulate scarcity, fine. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
@ Duffy
Is your AH closed to most as your facilities are?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite of Staalgard
@ Duffy
Is your AH closed to most as your facilities are?

The AH is actually unrestricted to everyone, though it has been severely neglected from lack of any real need for anything.
Flari-Merchant
Harvesting is pretty cool on the test server. Solo can be done if it is T1 and you are the baddest of the Bad T1 Killers. I doubt T2 could be done by less than a T3 geared player. Unless that is, I just really have poor judgement… smile

No, seriously a good T2 geared player could do a T2 solo. if! you are prepared and can recover fast from fierce fights. The waves are spread out enough that a few builds can probably do it.

I got my first T1 Gusher(only 1) after 10 random pulls. 1st T2(only 1) after 17. YMMV
uotopia@msn.com
You are a Troll
Interesting - thanks for the feedback. That is much more often than I had anticipated them happening!
Bob
FYI, the toughness of the creatures/waves doesn't currently vary based on the tier of the resource being harvested, just on the toughness of whatever escalation or default creatures get pulled in. The only big difference is that it takes a bit longer to harvest T2 and T3 resources so you'll face more waves, and are therefore more likely to get to the larger waves.
Flari-Merchant
Ah! I get it(better) now. Just because I am starting a T2 resource gusher in a regular hex, doesn't mean that the critters I pull will be a T2 variety. They could be bandits like the first or ogres or EVEN Duergar if they are normal spawn for that hex! hehe, good to know.
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

You made it clear that only that gusher placer and his "party" can take from the chest without penalty. Can a player set a gusher to working and log out if there are others there to protect it, meaning will it still operate if the placer logs?
uotopia@msn.com
Cole Brown
Bringslite of Staalgard
@ Bob

You made it clear that only that gusher placer and his "party" can take from the chest without penalty. Can a player set a gusher to working and log out if there are others there to protect it, meaning will it still operate if the placer logs?

It keeps gushing when you leave, yes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post