Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Invaders

You are a Troll
So *Protected* hexes are not actually always protected? Ouch.
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
What does that do to the old 3 day feud set up?

The invasions can't happen outside your 3-day PvP window, and capturing still requires a 2-day-old active feud, if either of those are what you're getting at.
Bob
You are a Troll
So *Protected* hexes are not actually always protected? Ouch.

Protection isn't always perfect. Siege equipment could already bypass it for neighboring hexes, and this just gives Escalations a similar ability.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
What does that do to the old 3 day feud set up?

The invasions can't happen outside your 3-day PvP window, and capturing still requires a 2-day-old active feud, if either of those are what you're getting at.
Ok. At first I was disturbed because it was an unexpected change that if a few things went wrong and REALLY smart gamblers with numbers get lucky, A core 6 hex could be lost more easily than previously.

I am still willing to give things a try, though. smile
plopmania
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
If the goal of this is to reduce Bulk resource stockpiles even faster than currently, and to mold the system into a much more tough game at the settlement management level, I think it will work swiftly and decisively.

This isn't intended so much to reduce the stockpiles as to make the taking of additional territory a more meaningful choice. If your settlement can provide enough players to regularly defend against invaders in multiple hexes (either your own or mercenaries), then spreading out is a great choice. –
(emphasis added)

I like the part about the mercenaries: out-source the "boring". But how would that work? I don't have enough ranks in Game Mechanics to quite understand whether or not hiring mercenaries is feasible.

Say we have a Settlement with the focus on being and supporting mercenary activities. I would assume they'd want to keep their own hexes tight and small in number: easily defensible and to minimize the time it takes to operate upon those hexes. In competition with that setup is the fact that the settlement wants to offer high support (especially combat-wise) for its companies - they have a reputation to maintain, after all.

How worth-while would the settlement find helping other settlements against Invaders? Invaders take a fairly small amount of bulk with them and (to my understanding) that is the same resource the mercenaries would primarily want given the bulk consumption of their own settlement.

I might be totally off the track with this, since as stated above, I am a little thin on the specifics of settlement-level mechanics. If someone well-versed in all things Settlement & Economy finds this an interesting (if tangential) topic, I would appreciate a few words on the math of such things smile
Flari-Merchant
To clarify, an Invasion trumps a hex's 4-ally protection during the PVP window that it occurs which leaves first that hex's outposts vulnerable to capture and if they are not present(not placed, torn down, captured during a window the day before) the Hold is vulnerable.

That means that hex would need(assuming that it HAS a regular setup with outposts) to be hit by at least two Invasions during it's 3 days of active PVP windows to be totally captured by players. The capturing company would need a gamble of a feud schedule set up to pull that off. They still could use their Feud to do Raiding however. This does not take into account siege camps and how they affect things.

Correct?
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
To clarify, an Invasion trumps a hex's 4-ally protection during the PVP window that it occurs which leaves first that hex's outposts vulnerable to capture and if they are not present(not placed, torn down, captured during a window the day before) the Hold is vulnerable.

That means that hex would need(assuming that it HAS a regular setup with outposts) to be hit by at least two Invasions during it's 3 days of active PVP windows to be totally captured by players. The capturing company would need a gamble of a feud schedule set up to pull that off. They still could use their Feud to do Raiding however. This does not take into account siege camps and how they affect things.

Correct?

Sorry for the slow reply, but yes, that is correct.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post