Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13 Preliminary Release Notes and Deployment to Zog

Zax
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try out the new stuff!
Bob
Aglos
Does this mean that everyone gets some Black now, or only that Dominion now gets some too (along with BHA) so we now have an alternate source to poach from? Is there some "equipment need" beyond T3 spellbooks that were an issue? Does AL now get T3 gems?

Black is still primarily where it was, though in significantly larger quantities, but there are also now small amounts of it in a few other places. I'm not sure about T3 gems in particular, but I did similar things to other T3 resources, trying to beef up the existing sources but make sure small amounts could be found elsewhere.

The two biggest equipment needs I adjusted for were for generally heavier use of T3 equipment than was in the original assumptions, and for heavier use of implements than was in the original assumptions. I didn't adjust for the under-use of ammo and potions, because ammo is coming soon and because I hope to make potions and other consumables more useful somewhere in here as well.
Nails
Thanks Bob, Cole and Lisa
Giorgio
Bob
Town Criers:
  • Settlement leaders can set up Town Criers from the toolbox in front of their settlement’s keep. The Town Criers will appear in Thornkeep near the Auction House and beckon passersby to learn more about the settlement. When interacted with, they’ll extol the settlement’s virtues and offer an opportunity to join one of the settlement’s companies.
  • Town Criers won’t appear unless their settlement is running at level 14 or higher.

How many characters in length can the settlement recruitment message be, and can we include a direct link to the settlements website?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Lisa Stevens
I put 100,000 of each plus of the three different tiered kits in the Ogreville company vault.
Bob
Giorgio
How many characters in length can the settlement recruitment message be, and can we include a direct link to the settlements website?

I'm not sure what the limit is, but you'll want to keep it reasonable. You can certainly test them out on Zog to make sure they'll fit.

And I don't have a problem with a web link if it fits.
aussiedwarf
Are you sure about this Bob "Changed 2,-5 to Woodlands, which was how all its resources were already calculated." That hex really appears to be a mountain hex and has mining nodes.
Elder of Forgeholm
Owner of www.pfomap.com
Contactable at aussiedwarfpfo@gmail.com
Bob
aussiedwarf
Are you sure about this Bob "Changed 2,-5 to Woodlands, which was how all its resources were already calculated." That hex really appears to be a mountain hex and has mining nodes.

I'll have to double-check on Monday, but being labeled as a mountain hex is what gives it the mining nodes, even if the nodes don't really match up well with the underlying resources. That hex in particular is up in the mountains, but next to a chunk of woodlands hexes, so it's not easy to tell what it was intended to be when two different spreadsheets disagree and either choice makes at least some sense. If I remember correctly, the issue with that hex was that it has bulk resources calculated based on being woodlands, as well as gathering resources, so the easiest change was to make the nodes match the underlying resources. However, I'll have to look at the spreadsheets, and probably at the hex itself, to be sure that the change is listed right, and that it was the right change to make.
aussiedwarf
I've always been able to gather iron from the hex and the old maps show it as a a mountain hex https://goblinworks.com/blog/a-more-detailed-map/, https://goblinworks.com/static/media/uploads/blogimages/landgrab.png

I suspect it was meant to be a mountain one but the resources got set to forest by accident.
Elder of Forgeholm
Owner of www.pfomap.com
Contactable at aussiedwarfpfo@gmail.com
Bob
aussiedwarf
I've always been able to gather iron from the hex and the old maps show it as a a mountain hex https://goblinworks.com/blog/a-more-detailed-map/, https://goblinworks.com/static/media/uploads/blogimages/landgrab.png

I suspect it was meant to be a mountain one but the resources got set to forest by accident.

I took a look at those old maps, at the spreadsheets (including their history of changes), and at the art of the hex itself. It does look like that hex was originally intended to be a mountain hex, but it's been a woodlands hex on both the gathering and bulk resource spreadsheets since it was first entered there. That could just have been a mistake, or it could have been intentional but just never got reflected back on the maps. Either way, the trick at this point is to just pick one or the other and roll with it.

The terrain in 2,-5 definitely looks more mountainous than a typical woodlands/badlands hex, but it's not so far off as to be problematic for either choice. It does have iron ore, but then so do the other nearby woodlands hexes, so again that's kind of fine either way.

Changing to a woodlands hex will switch from mining nodes to scavenging nodes, but scavenging nodes are supersets of mining nodes, so they'll still provide access to the iron ore, along with giving access to some resources that only scavenging nodes support. That basically means the woodlands choice requires changing just one entry and the worst thing that happens is gaining access to some hidden resources that previously went ungathered, along with basing the gathering there on scavenging skill instead of mining skill.

On the other hand, changing the resource spreadsheets over to a mountain hex would mean big changes to both the gathering and bulk resources available in that hex, implying a change in the holdings/outposts that work best there and in neighboring hexes, as well as a lot more spreadsheet changes and work on my side.

And so I went with woodlands, which is basically what the hex has been acting like all along anyway, except for allowing mining skill to access its very limited mining resources, instead of allowing scavenging skill to access its more generous (and overlapping) scavenging resources.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post