Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13 Preliminary Release Notes and Deployment to Zog

Bob
A Final Candidate for EE 13 is now running on Zog. I've updated the original Preliminary Release Notes post to reflect that, and also edited it to reflect the following changes/clarifications:

• Added a comment that some gathering resources will temporarily be at a low quality until they regenerate closer to their new maximums per hex.
  • Resources regenerate much faster, ramping from a 50%-100% chance to regenerate by 1% every 15 minutes, instead of the previous 3%-100% (based on current percentage of that resource remaining in the hex).
  • Beneficial feats will ignore Effect Protection.
  • Fixed the occasional issue where the provided building site would switch to another nearby one as you got closer to the originally provided site.
  • PvP information for protected hexes is clearer.

In addition, the following fixes were made since the previous build that went up on Zog, but which weren't really appropriate for inclusion in the Release Notes since they're not about changes between EE 12 and EE 13.

• Creatures attacking Harvesting Sites or Holdings now have separate team hate lists for each site they're attacking. That will keep creatures from one battle from trying to attack distant players involved in another battle.
  • The team hate lists for creatures attacking Harvesting Sites or Holdings are wiped between each wave. That will keep the creatures from focusing on the same players each wave, at least until those players re-earn that hate each wave.
  • The help text entries for the Sacrifice Azoth, Town Crier Management Window and Town Crier Window were hooked to the question mark icons in those windows.
  • The chance for neighboring escalations to attack a holding was reduced to 15% and for default creatures to attack a holding was reduced to 3%.
  • Box of Azoth shows up under Premium/Azoth alongside Azoth.
  • The Azoth crafting calculation now takes into account the character's skill bonuses instead of just the existing boost from using upgraded ingredients.
  • Harvesting production was doubled, with twice as many production cycles occurring over the same amount of time.
You are a Troll
*Beneficial feats will ignore Effect Protection*

This is such a horrible and unbalancing idea. Clerics will now rule the roost even more. Have you actually played the game as a T3 cleric trying to heal and buff other players in T3+3 armor? It actually works just fine. With this change though, they will be able to use their minimal power T1 heals on themselves to full effect? Really? Does this change mean we can all run around with lesser tokens too and put all the alchemists our of business? smile
Flari-Merchant
After looking at some things, I see only 2(so far) heal actions that work on %. One is 6% and one is 9%. The rest are basically set hp's with a cpl rounds of regenerating.

The lower ones do lower healing and are still not as useful to higher tier characters. They almost all have cooldowns that are "combat long".

As a character with 2400hp's, Tier 1 minor cure is only going to do 144 healing. Seems like a waste of time still.

Doesn't seem that big a deal. Am I missing something?
Giorgio
Bob,

How many days do we need to wait after EE13 goes live to start talking about EE14? smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Flari-Merchant
Is there anything in particular that needs testing for the final candidate?
Bob
Giorgio
How many days do we need to wait after EE13 goes live to start talking about EE14? smile

We can start talking about it fairly quickly, but there will probably be a lot of distractions for the first week between incoming feedback on EE 13 and GenCon craziness. As a result, I probably won't be able to write up detailed descriptions for any of the planned features until at least after GenCon. Still, I'll probably be able to answer some general questions on what we're thinking.
Giorgio
Bob,

After Gen Con sounds good, no rush. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bob
Bringslite of Staalgard
Is there anything in particular that needs testing for the final candidate?

Given all the GM tools at my disposal, formal testing is really best handled in-house. However, if there's anything in the Release Notes that you're particularly interested in looking at before it goes Live, whether just because you want to understand it better before it starts affect you on Live, or because you have opinions/concerns about how that feature might work, we're definitely interested in hearing any feedback you'd like to pass along.

And as always, anyone who'd like to take a look but doesn't currently have Test Server access, just send an email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and I'll get you set up.
Bob
We found one quick thing that needed a fix (it was possible to try to make a +6 item using Azoth), so we deployed a new build to Zog this afternoon. The change was very small, so I'm continuing on with the remaining testing and still plan to deploy the build to Live tomorrow during Daily Maintenance, assuming nothing else is found before then.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
We found one quick thing that needed a fix (it was possible to try to make a +6 item using Azoth), so we deployed a new build to Zog this afternoon. The change was very small, so I'm continuing on with the remaining testing and still plan to deploy the build to Live tomorrow during Daily Maintenance, assuming nothing else is found before then.
Yay!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post