Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13 Preliminary Release Notes and Deployment to Zog

Zax
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Hmmm… Well, if it will keep and attract more new accounts, not piss off original KS backers and actually help the game; I wouldn't care much I suppose. Knowing a little about human nature, I have my doubts all those conditions could be met.

As do I, BL, as do I.

The intention is not to upset the easily upset-able (rightfully or wrongfully so, y'all can argue that elsewhere) KS or even those who have bought DT's. It is to give a benefit of a SECOND perma-xp-earning toon to those players that were not involved from the beginning and are still playing despite(insert various grievances and complaints). I understand DT's were something special, but I believe at one point there was a way to make a DT using something the KS got in addition to starting off with a DT. Please, correct me if I am wrong (and I often am)
Don't the KS already have other bonus stuff that differentiates them from us late-comers? Is throwing a bone to the late-comers that are still here any better or worse for the game?
and before you post that GW will be losing subs by having DT's people will unsub their singles. I believe the opposite. I believe it will allow more players to experience more of what the game has to offer.

Again, not trying to step on toes, but it seems I do everytime I post…

*edit due to underline underlining everything, LOL
Stilachio Thrax
Zax
Hmmm… Well, if it will keep and attract more new accounts, not piss off original KS backers and actually help the game; I wouldn't care much I suppose. Knowing a little about human nature, I have my doubts all those conditions could be met.

As do I, BL, as do I.

The intention is not to upset the easily upset-able (rightfully or wrongfully so, y'all can argue that elsewhere) KS or even those who have bought DT's. It is to give a benefit of a SECOND perma-xp-earning toon to those players that were not involved from the beginning and are still playing despite(insert various grievances and complaints). I understand DT's were something special, but I believe at one point there was a way to make a DT using something the KS got in addition to starting off with a DT. Please, correct me if I am wrong (and I often am)
Don't the KS already have other bonus stuff that differentiates them from us late-comers? Is throwing a bone to the late-comers that are still here any better or worse for the game?
and before you post that GW will be losing subs by having DT's people will unsub their singles. I believe the opposite. I believe it will allow more players to experience more of what the game has to offer.

Again, not trying to step on toes, but it seems I do everytime I post…

*edit due to underline underlining everything, LOL

As a DT account owner, I don't mind coming up with a way for non-DT accounts to add additional character training. I'd just prefer if it was done so that everyone could optionally add additional character training (3rd for DTs, 2nd for non-DT, and maybe even a 3rd for non-DTs) with a simple add-on fee- I believe +$5 to sub for each additional training slot seems fair. DT will hold value for the KS backers as it is still cheaper for them to train all three, but non-KS players can still achieve the same number of training characters at a slightly higher cost.

And Zax, no stepped on toes here smile
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Flari-Merchant
I can see it being of some value to players because it just takes too damn long to get to a "group valuable/contributing position" in anything except gathering(which is not everyone's favorite thing).

Are you going to seriously come into a game with a $15.00 sub and be a bowyer because you have only one toon and you can be a bowyer or an archer but not a bowyer/archer in a reasonable(subjective opinion) amount of time?
You are a Troll
I can see it being of some value to players because it just takes too damn long to get to a "group valuable/contributing position" in anything except gathering(which is not everyone's favorite thing).

Are you going to seriously come into a game with a $15.00 sub and be a bowyer because you have only one toon and you can be a bowyer or an archer but not a bowyer/archer in a reasonable(subjective opinion) amount of time?

That is a very good point.
Zax

Not sure if this questions is hypothetical.
Just wanted to add some data. I have 4 non-DT accounts specifially for T3 Gatherers, but I also don't mind having an army of 1000 xp alt Scouts smile
Now if I added the DT aspect, I might try crafting and refining on the new xp earning toons.

*edit - just re-subbed my 4th Gatherer smile
Decius

People do in Eve Online. It doesn't take a very large proportion.
Giorgio
Bob
Giorgio
How many days do we need to wait after EE13 goes live to start talking about EE14? smile

We can start talking about it fairly quickly, but there will probably be a lot of distractions for the first week between incoming feedback on EE 13 and GenCon craziness. As a result, I probably won't be able to write up detailed descriptions for any of the planned features until at least after GenCon. Still, I'll probably be able to answer some general questions on what we're thinking.

Bob,

Its after Gen Con. smile

When are you going to start the official "lets talk about EE14" thread? smile

No rush… LOL
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post