Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 13 Release Notes

Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Bob,
I don't think that the hexes are regenerating at nearly the speed the you had set them up to. They may not be regenerating at all or very, very slowly…

Point me toward a couple hexes you think are problematic and I'll take a closer look at them in the morning.
Bob
MidniteArrow
Possible bug:

Beneficial feats (and other feat-like things such as consumables or expendables) will ignore Effect Protection.

Energetic Field, Adrenaline Surge, and Protective Ward are all beneficial, but clothing reduces their duration. Seems like that shouldn't happen if I'm understanding the mechanics.

Yeah, we discovered a bug today that made us suspect we'd missed some of the feats. Apparently we just got lucky (unlucky?) on the particular feats we chose to test. We've got a fix ready that we'll roll out as soon as we can reasonably do so, and I'll check it against those specific feats to make sure we caught them.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bob,
I don't think that the hexes are regenerating at nearly the speed the you had set them up to. They may not be regenerating at all or very, very slowly…

Point me toward a couple hexes you think are problematic and I'll take a closer look at them in the morning.
It was just about every and any hex that I tried an experimental pull from. I am used to lower grades of material replenishing faster than higher grades. There were some partially depleted things in almost every Node that I sampled until about midnight. Then I tried a few more and they had looked better but it was too late for me to test much more.

So it was something like 12 or more hours after publish and any hex tried was still partially emptied. Try any hex you like but don't spend too much effort on it unless you get more reports. Could just be my expectations being higher than mechanical results! smile The totals must have started very low, however.
MrGatherer
Perhaps you are underestimating how much more raw mats were added to every hex?
Who, me?
Flari-Merchant
MrGatherer
Very possible. Though I had thought that it was mentioned the nodes would start a bit depleted but should be back to full a few hours after the update published.
Bob
FYI, it's kind of buried in the Release Notes, but to hire mules at a Holding, right-click on the mule sign itself (not the post it's hanging on, just the sign). There's no door like there is at Banks and Auction Houses.
Bob
MrGatherer
Very possible. Though I had thought that it was mentioned the nodes would start a bit depleted but should be back to full a few hours after the update published.
Going from empty to full probably averages around 36 hours. However, since it's all based on odds, it could take as little as 25 hours if every roll goes right, or as much as forever if every roll goes wrong.

The new formula also still makes things slower when you're heavily depleted, just not as much as it did before. It probably takes about 12-13 hours to go from 0%-25%, then 10 hours to go from 25%-50%, 8 for 50%-75%, and finally 6 to get all the way to 100%. Of course, all that also assumes the hex is being left alone during that time. The more depleted the hex is, the more impact each pull has on regeneration.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
MrGatherer
Going from empty to full probably averages around 36 hours. However, since it's all based on odds, it could take as little as 25 hours if every roll goes right, or as much as forever if every roll goes wrong.

The new formula also still makes things slower when you're heavily depleted, just not as much as it did before. It probably takes about 12-13 hours to go from 0%-25%, then 10 hours to go from 25%-50%, 8 for 50%-75%, and finally 6 to get all the way to 100%. Of course, all that also assumes the hex is being left alone during that time. The more depleted the hex is, the more impact each pull has on regeneration.
Thanks Bob. Not sure where I got the idear that there would be lowered levels at publish but that they would/should be recovered in just a few hours. That was what perplexed me. smile
Bob
Thanks Bob. Not sure where I got the idear that there would be lowered levels at publish but that they would/should be recovered in just a few hours. That was what perplexed me. smile

I may at some point have mentioned that the hexes would start recovering within hours, since the new formula means that even an empty hex is likely to recover 2% the first hour, and the quality is likely to noticeably improve in less than 1 day (thus technically within hours instead of days, even if that's quite a few hours). That's a pretty big contrast to the old formula, where it was likely to take 8 hours just to recover the first 1%, and there probably wouldn't even be a quality change for at least 2 days.
Flari-Merchant
Another thing that sounds familiar but I can't find. Who is the NPC "Friend of Harndon"

Edit: Answered. He is the Town Crier NPC.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post