Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 14

Bunibuni
How about instead, healing 7% of the damage you managed to do instead of based off one's own hit points?
Bob
After looking into it further, I'm trying something different out on the Chill Touch/Devourer's Caress combo. Instead of a cooldown on Devourer's Caress, I'm going to try having Chill Touch only have a 50% chance of applying Drained. That makes it a lot less predictable, so it's more likely that you'll have to adjust your strategy depending on how things go. In exchange, Chill Touch gets to apply a bit more Drained when it does work, and will always do a bit more damage.

However, taking the cooldown off on Devourer's Caress means it gets a bit less Cure and deals a bit less Exhausted. That reduction alone would just limit the usefulness of the combo to slightly less tough mobs, but with the added randomness on applying Drained, the combo should be unpredictable enough to be interesting, while still remaining reasonably effective when it works. I'm also less worried about being able to spam a secondary attack when the condition it depends on isn't so dependable.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Bob
Bunibuni
How about instead, healing 7% of the damage you managed to do instead of based off one's own hit points?

The long-term plan is exactly that, but there's a little code work that needs to be done to make it possible. For now I'm trying to do as much as I can with just spreadsheet changes.
Decius
Healing a percentage of negative energy damage done sounds like a great idea for a role feature.
Flari-Merchant
Hey Bob,

If you need a break from crunching numbers and code, any chance to get a short write-up (if you are ready)on housing or how LoS is going or even some more detail/numbers on ammo? I am fine, personally, leaving the New Esc a complete surprise. smile

No pressure, just if you need a Brain Break!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Harad Navar
Bob, I may have missed this idea in previous posts, but what would be the likelihood of using the smallholding template to create a guild hall which would allow access to a company rather than a party? It seems to me that even if companies are a part of settlements, having a way to "mark your ground" without having to build a holding would be of value. It may be that the plan for personal housing is to allow company member access to be granted access. However, if these can only be placed in settlements, it wouldn't have the same feeling. (I long for the day when there are monks AND I can build a hall for a company of monks.)
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

So I would like to make a suggestion. I am hoping that this would be a trivial amount of work. Please turn down Critter Invulnerability time as much as possible for mobs that get stuck.

Reasoning:
1. Gusher waves come 90 secs after the previous wave is finished. Waiting for stuck mobs both slows Gusher output and lengthens the time that a gusher requires to finish. It is almost a bit too long for a fun experience.
2. Tab targeting causes many repeated tabs and attacks on invulnerable critters. Lots of ammo gets(will get) wasted and that will likely not be a popular situation besides lowering the profit from the enterprise.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
@ Bob

So I would like to make a suggestion. I am hoping that this would be a trivial amount of work. Please turn down Critter Invulnerability time as much as possible for mobs that get stuck.

Reasoning:
1. Gusher waves come 90 secs after the previous wave is finished. Waiting for stuck mobs both slows Gusher output and lengthens the time that a gusher requires to finish. It is almost a bit too long for a fun experience.
2. Tab targeting causes many repeated tabs and attacks on invulnerable critters. Lots of ammo gets(will get) wasted and that will likely not be a popular situation besides lowering the profit from the enterprise.

That's a very easy number to adjust, since it's just a number in a spreadsheet. The tricky part is figuring out how low it can go without causing problems. It's currently set to 50 seconds, which we figured was long enough to take into account the occasions where mobs will come up with particularly long paths. This tends to happen the most with wider mobs, like ogres or wolves. We don't need the number to be so high that those mobs always get where they're going within that amount of time, just high enough to say that not getting closer to their target within the last X seconds means they're messed up enough that we should go ahead and make them vulnerable even though they're not prepared to fight back.

Unfortunately, it's also one of those numbers that's meant primarily to deal with difficult-to-replicate situations, so the best we can do is try things out and see what happens. I'll try lowering it to 30 and we'll see if that provides a better balance between the two extremes. If we're still just not seeing very many cases where mobs lose their invulnerability while clearly following a long-but-kinda-okay path, then we'll have room to lower it further.
Bob
Harad Navar
Bob, I may have missed this idea in previous posts, but what would be the likelihood of using the smallholding template to create a guild hall which would allow access to a company rather than a party? It seems to me that even if companies are a part of settlements, having a way to "mark your ground" without having to build a holding would be of value. It may be that the plan for personal housing is to allow company member access to be granted access. However, if these can only be placed in settlements, it wouldn't have the same feeling. (I long for the day when there are monks AND I can build a hall for a company of monks.)

We've been talking about some more company-level possibilities, and it's certainly possible to make something along those lines work. The big question is just deciding which types of premium buildings to prioritize. Clearly company-level things could have some appeal.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
@ Bob

Reasoning:

That's a very easy number to adjust, since it's just a number in a spreadsheet. The tricky part is figuring out how low it can go without causing problems. It's currently set to 50 seconds, which we figured was long enough to take into account the occasions where mobs will come up with particularly long paths. This tends to happen the most with wider mobs, like ogres or wolves. We don't need the number to be so high that those mobs always get where they're going within that amount of time, just high enough to say that not getting closer to their target within the last X seconds means they're messed up enough that we should go ahead and make them vulnerable even though they're not prepared to fight back.

Unfortunately, it's also one of those numbers that's meant primarily to deal with difficult-to-replicate situations, so the best we can do is try things out and see what happens. I'll try lowering it to 30 and we'll see if that provides a better balance between the two extremes. If we're still just not seeing very many cases where mobs lose their invulnerability while clearly following a long-but-kinda-okay path, then we'll have room to lower it further.
Thanks Bob.
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob
Is anything further, than has been applied already, scheduled to go to the test server?
uotopia@msn.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post